2015 Geneva Motor Show: Aston Martin DBX electric crossover concept unveiled
Aston Martin went all guns blazing at the Geneva Motor Show with the Aston Martin Vulcan and the Lagonda Taraf luxury sedan. And now there's this, the DBX concept. As the image suggests, it is a rugged, coupé crossover iteration of Aston Martin's DB range of GT cars. Though not as SUV-ish as the Lagonda concept from 2009, the DBX envisions a grand tourer that is luxurious and sporty, yet practical and easy to drive in urban and extra-urban environments.
Powering the concept is an all-electric drivetrain that makes use of individual motors in all the four wheels. The motors are powered by lithium sulphur cells. The DBX also features a drive-by-wire electric steering and carbon ceramic brakes. The vehicle gets LED headlamps and tail lamps, and cameras in place of rear view mirrors, transferring video feed to the head-up display inside the car.
The vehicle is far from production ready but a coupé crossover from Aston Martin can't be ruled out. As Aston Martin CEO, Dr Andy Palmer said, "The DBX Concept is a challenge to the existing status quo in the high luxury GT segment. It envisages a world, perhaps a world not too far away, when luxury GT travel is not only stylish and luxurious but also more practical, more family-friendly and more environmentally responsible."
- NewsMaruti Suzuki S-Cross crosses one lakh sales figure
- NewsSpec Comparo: Hyundai Santro vs Tata Tiago vs Maruti Suzuki Celerio
- News2018 Hyundai Santro: Launch image gallery
- News2018 Hyundai Santro launched in India at Rs 3.90 lakh
- NewsLive updates: 2018 Hyundai Santro India launch
- NewsRoyal Enfield Continental GT 650 and Interceptor 650 bookings open in India
- NewsUpcoming Tata Harrier SUV undergoes handling tests in new video
- News2019 Yamaha FZ FI spotted testing in India
- NewsLimited-run Mini Cooper S Oxford Edition launched in India at Rs 44.90 lakh
- Review2018 Hero Destini 125 scooter quick ride review