2015 Geneva Motor Show: Mercedes-Maybach S600 Pullman showcased
We've already been bestowing the title of the world's best luxury car upon the Mercedes and have repeatedly stated that it sets the class benchmark. With every generation change, the S-Class has set new standards for luxurious automotive travel. So how do you improve on what is the best luxury limo in the business? Enter the Mercedes-Maybach S600 Pullman.
The new Mercedes-Maybach S600 Pullman was revealed at the ongoing Geneva Motor Show. The luxury limousine is based on the Mercedes-Benz S-Class which in itself is a large and roomy saloon. The S600 Pullman is stretched to measure 6.5 metres, which liberates acres of legroom for the rear passenger and the company promises ease of ingress and egress.
In fact, the limo is longer than the previous Maybach 62 and even the long wheelbase Rolls-Royce Phantom. The Mercedes-Maybach S600 Pullman also has an additional 100mm of headroom compared to the Mercedes-Benz S-Class. The interiors carry forward the opulence of those in the S-Class along with additions such as fully upholstered leather interiors including the roof liner, door frames and seat consoles.
An electrically retractable glass wall divides the driver and passenger area and can be turned opaque with the touch of a button (wink wink). A Burmester 3D surround sound system has been enhanced and comes with hand selected loudspeakers. Three analogue dials keep the passengers informed about the speed, time and outside temperature.
To ensure that its VVIP passengers get to the desired destination on time, the S600 Pullman gets a gnarly V12 biturbo engine that belts out 530PS and 830Nm of torque from a sparse 1,900rpm. That is supecar territory. The Mercedes-Maybach S600 Pullman, with its extensive list of exquisite equipment sets the benchmark yet again.
For more stories from the Geneva Motor Show 2015, click here.
Starts Rs 99.56 Lakhs
Starts Rs 1.33 Crore
- NewsMotoGP 2018: Marc Marquez wins the World Championship
- ReviewSuzuki V-Strom 650 XT ABS first ride review
- NewsMG Motor India's first launch: Everything we know
- NewsVolkswagen Passat with Connect app launched at Rs 25.99 lakh
- News2019 Hyundai Santro spotted in top-spec Asta trim
- NewsHero Destini 125cc scooter to launch on October 22
- NewsChinese carmaker Great Wall Motors to enter India by 2021-22
- NewsImage gallery: New BMW X7 SUV
- NewsSkoda Kodiaq GT coupe-SUV unveiled for China
- News2019 BMW X7 SUV unveiled internationally