2015 Geneva Motor Show: Porsche GT3 RS image gallery
Though based largely on the 911 GT3, the GT3 RS makes use of an uprated 4.0-litre straight six engine that develops 500PS of power and 460Nm of torque 25PS and 20Nm more than the 3.8-litre unit powering the GT3. From standstill, 100kmph comes up in 3.3 seconds and 200kmph, in 10.9s. The GT3 RS' engine is the largest and most powerful engine on any production Porsche currently.
Though Porsche hasn't given out an exact figure, the company claims that the 911 GT3 RS has lapped Nürburgring's Nordschleife in under seven minutes and twenty seconds, which is at least five seconds quicker than the GT3 (7:25.0) and significantly quicker than the Carrera GT (7:28.0) and the 911 GT2 (7:32.0).
Scroll down to see how all of this power and speed is packaged by Porsche.
Despite incorporating as much motorsport technology as is possible in a street-legal 911, the GT3 RS remains suitable for everyday driving, according to Porsche
The 911 GT3 RS is powered by a 4.0-litre six-cylinder engine with 500PS of power and 460Nm of torque
The GT3 RS has set a lap time of 7 minutes and 20 seconds around the 22.5km Nürburgring Nordschleife
The interior design of the 911 GT3 RS is infused with Alcantara elements, just like the current 911 GT3. The carbon-fibre bucket seats are inspired from the 918 Spyder
The chassis of the 911 GT3 RS has been tuned for maximum driving dynamics and precision
The 911 GT3 RS gets wider tyres than any 911 model
Large wing dominates the GT3 RS' rear
For more stories from the Geneva Motor Show 2015, click here.
Starts Rs 1.38 Crore
- NewsImage gallery: New BMW X7 SUV
- NewsSkoda Kodiaq GT coupe-SUV unveiled for China
- News2019 BMW X7 SUV unveiled internationally
- FeaturesReady to race
- NewsMahindra becomes first Indian carmaker to drive to Everest base camp
- NewsIndia-spec 2019 Nissan Kicks unveiled In Mumbai
- NewsMahindra and Ford to collaborate on shared powertrains, connected car tech
- NewsLive updates: Reveal of India-spec 2019 Nissan Kicks
- Review2019 Ducati Multistrada 1260 Enduro first ride review
- NewsConfirmed: KTM says 790 Duke launch in India not slated for November