2015 Geneva Motor Show: Porsche GT3 RS image gallery
Though based largely on the 911 GT3, the GT3 RS makes use of an uprated 4.0-litre straight six engine that develops 500PS of power and 460Nm of torque 25PS and 20Nm more than the 3.8-litre unit powering the GT3. From standstill, 100kmph comes up in 3.3 seconds and 200kmph, in 10.9s. The GT3 RS' engine is the largest and most powerful engine on any production Porsche currently.
Though Porsche hasn't given out an exact figure, the company claims that the 911 GT3 RS has lapped Nürburgring's Nordschleife in under seven minutes and twenty seconds, which is at least five seconds quicker than the GT3 (7:25.0) and significantly quicker than the Carrera GT (7:28.0) and the 911 GT2 (7:32.0).
Scroll down to see how all of this power and speed is packaged by Porsche.
Despite incorporating as much motorsport technology as is possible in a street-legal 911, the GT3 RS remains suitable for everyday driving, according to Porsche
The 911 GT3 RS is powered by a 4.0-litre six-cylinder engine with 500PS of power and 460Nm of torque
The GT3 RS has set a lap time of 7 minutes and 20 seconds around the 22.5km Nürburgring Nordschleife
The interior design of the 911 GT3 RS is infused with Alcantara elements, just like the current 911 GT3. The carbon-fibre bucket seats are inspired from the 918 Spyder
The chassis of the 911 GT3 RS has been tuned for maximum driving dynamics and precision
The 911 GT3 RS gets wider tyres than any 911 model
Large wing dominates the GT3 RS' rear
For more stories from the Geneva Motor Show 2015, click here.
Starts Rs 1.38 Crore
- News2018 Suzuki GSX-S750 launch in India tomorrow
- NewsMercedes-Benz A-Class sedan image leaked ahead of Beijing debut
- NewsAuto China 2018: All-new Mercedes-Maybach Ultimate Luxury concept teaser out
- NewsSIAM and Ministry of Road Transport and Highways kick-off road safety week
- NewsImage Gallery: Volkswagen I. D. R Pikes Peak hill climb prototype racer revealed
- NewsUniform road tax across states soon, plans the central government
- NewsBMW 8 Series spotted testing in convertible form
- News2018 Kawasaki Ninja 400 being offered at Rs 20,000 discount by dealership
- NewsHonda Monkey 125 confirmed for production
- NewsSpec comparo: Kawasaki Vulcan 650 S vs Harley-Davidson Street Rod