2015 Geneva Motor Show: Skoda Octavia RS 230
While we were enjoying driving the Octavia RS in Prague a few days back, the blokes at Mladá Boleslav were busy preparing their fastest series-production Skoda yet - the Octavia RS 230. As the name suggests, the RS 230 manages to extract 230 horses from its 2.0-litre TSI petrol engine, as opposed to the 220PS on the regular Octavia RS. The engine is mated to a six-speed manual transmission by default (a DSG gearbox is optional) and manages to sprint from naught to 100kmph in 6.7s, 0.1 seconds faster than the RS. Top speed has been bumped up to 250 kmph which is 2 kmph faster than the RS. The Octavia RS 230 will also be the first Skoda to offer an electronically controlled differential front axle lock as standard fitment.
The Octavia RS 230 will be a limited edition model and will go on sale in Europe by June 2015. Meanwhile, we'll keep wishing for the regular RS at least.
For more stories from the Geneva Motor Show 2015, click here.
Starts Rs 15.99 Lakhs
- News2019 Datsun Redi-go gets enhanced safety features, prices start at Rs 2.79 lakh
- Review2019 Hero Xpulse 200 Road Test Review
- NewsFord India recalls the last-gen Ford Endeavour, Freestyle, Figo and Aspire
- NewsSpec Comparo: AMW CFMoto 300NK vs KTM 390 Duke vs Honda CB300R
- NewsImage Gallery: AMW CFMoto 300NK launched in India for Rs 2.29 lakh