Honda Car India opens bookings for the 2015 Jazz
Honda Car India has begun accepting bookings for its soon to be launched hatchback, the Jazz. Prospective customers can visit a Honda dealership and book the new Jazz for a minimum down payment of Rs 51,000. The car is about to begin its second innings in the country and although the previous model was unique to the market and was a well rounded package, its sky high price earlier and hatchback status kept sales at a dismal low. Honda is hoping that history does not repeat itself with the new Jazz.
Realising its folly, Honda began localising the parts and that helped it scale the price down to a competitive level. However, that did little to attract buyers to the showrooms.
The Japanese manufacturer hopes to taste success with the new Jazz and our first drive review did reveal the steps that it has taken in that direction. The car will be available with a choice of a 1.2-litre i-VTEC petrol or a 1.5-litre i-DTEC diesel engine. The car with the petrol engine will be available with a choice of a 5-speed manual or a CVT transmission. The diesel engine comes mated to a 6-speed manual.
The interiors resemble those of the latest generation City and carry forward the previous generation's party trick, the Magic seats, which fold in myriad ways to liberate extra stowage space as well as seating options.
Now, it all comes down to pricing and if Honda gets it right, the Volkswagen Polo and Hyundai Elite i20 have a serious battle ahead. A comparo would reveal the king of the premium hatchback segment soon.
Watch this space for the launch, prices and detailed review of the 2015 Honda Jazz.
Starts Rs 7.45 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.5 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.83 Lakhs
- FeaturesPractical high-performance: Top super sedans in India
- News2020 Honda X-Blade BSVI launched in India at Rs 1.05 lakh
- News2020 Honda City RS turbo-petrol under consideration for India
- NewsYamaha to offer special finance scheme for frontline warriors of COVID19
- NewsBSVI petrol 2020 Land Rover Discovery Sport and Range Rover Evoque launched in India, prices start from Rs 57.99 lakh
- Digitising Text
- Abstract | Winners and Honourable Mentions
- BP Tip of the Day: Getting Out of a Creative Block