2015 Honda Jazz launched in India at Rs 5.30 lakh
Honda Car India has finally brought back the Jazz after ousting it from the Indian market in 2013. When it was launched earlier, the Jazz lost out on a lot of potential customers owing to its unreasonable price tag. This time though, they have priced the base E trim at Rs 5.30 lakh (ex-Delhi) and the top-end VX trim at Rs 8.59 lakh, ex-Delhi. With the launch of the third gen Jazz, Honda is hoping to grab a big chunk of the increasing demands for premium hatchbacks.
The Jazz will be offered with two engine variants - the 1.2-litre i-VTEC and the 1.5-litre i-DTEC engine found in the Honda Amaze. There are five trims that come with the petrol motor, five with the diesel and two with CVT. The diesel variant will be offered only with a manual gear box while the petrol motors can be optioned with either a manual gearbox or a CVT.
The introduction of the diesel engine should make the car more appealing to the Indian customers especially with a claimed fuel efficiency of 27.3kmpl. The petrol engines commit to rather impressive fuel economy with claimed figures of 18.7kmpl on the manual and 19kmpl on the CVT.
As for the interior, there is the touchscreen AVN system, Magic Seats with reclining function at the rear, steering mounted audio controls, nine cupholders and much more on the top end trim. We have already driven the new Honda Jazz and it is a huge leap over the previous generation car, especially now with the frugal as well as powerful diesel engine.
On the safety front, the base E variant in its diesel form gets ABS with EBD while driver airbag is available from the S trim onwards. The VX gets dual airbags as well as ABS and EBD in both petrol and diesel trims.
2015 Honda Jazz launched in India (pricelist)
Variant Price, ex-Delhi Honda Jazz petrol E Rs 5.30 lakh Honda Jazz diesel E Rs 6.49 lakh Honda Jazz petrol S Rs 5.94 lakh Honda Jazz diesel S Rs 7.14 lakh Honda Jazz petrol SV Rs 6.44 lakh Honda Jazz diesel SV Rs 7.64 lakh Honda Jazz petrol V Rs 6.79 lakh Honda Jazz diesel V Rs 8.09 lakh Honda Jazz petrol VX Rs 7.29 lakh Honda Jazz diesel VX Rs 8.59 lakh Honda Jazz petrol CVT S Rs 6.99 lakh Honda Jazz petrol CVT V Rs 7.85 lakh
More from OVERDRIVE on the new Honda Jazz:
Starts Rs 7.35 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.6 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.35 Lakhs
- NewsF1: 2018 will be Fernando Alonso's last season in Formula 1
- NewsIndia Baja 2018: TVS Racing announces six-rider line-up
- News2018 Msports X30 Karting Championship: Shahan Ali Mohsin overcomes early upsets to win in Junior category
- NewsBMW M2 Competition set to debut in India soon
- News2019 Honda HR-V crossover facelift unveiled, to be powered by 1.5-litre i-VTEC
- NewsLiberty Walk transforms the Suzuki Jimmy into a mini G-Class
- NewsBMW X7 flagship SUV shows its off roading capabilty in new teaser
- News2019 Kawasaki Ninja H2 gets more power, Brembo Stylema calipers and a self healing paint
- NewsBajaj Pulsar NS160 with rear disc brakes spotted at dealership
- NewsToyota Rush SUV to launch in Pakistan soon, India launch next?