2015 IOMTT: Ian Hutchinson leads Superbike practice times
Ian Hutchinson put in a stellar performance during the second timed practice session at the 2015 Isle of Man TT as he topped the time charts in the Superbike Class.
Ian Hutchinson set the Superbike timing sheets on fire when he clocked 2015's first 130mph lap at the IOMTT
The PBM Kawasaki rider averaged 209.642kmph in the Superbike Class, a smidgen faster than TT legend John McGuinness' average speed of 209.246 kmph. It's for the first time this year that a Kawasaki Ninja ZX10R leads the Honda CBR Fireblade. Kiwi rider Bruce Anstey, who topped the timesheets in the first practice, was third with an average speed of 209.145kmph.
2014 Senior TT winner Michael Dunlop was fourth fastest overall with an average speed of 208.665kmph aboard his MD Racing S1000RR Superstock motorcycle. His performance led to him topping the charts in the Superstock Category.
Michael Dunlop made a surprise switch from Milwaukee Yamaha to the Hawk Racing Buildbase BMW team with whom he won the Senior TT last year
Michael Dunlop astonishingly ditched his Milwaukee Yamaha team after failing to come to grips with the 2015 Yamaha R1M superbike. After the dismal performance at the preceding Northwest 200 Race, Dunlop decided enough was enough and three laps into TT practice, he quit the team. He now rejoins the Hawk Racing Buildbase BMW team with whom he won the 2014 Senior TT title. Since the decision to switch was at such short notice, the team could not prepare the BMW S1000RR Superbike in time for practice. This leaves Dunlop with Qualifying on Friday as the only chance to dial in some quick laps and get reacquainted with the machine.
Tyco BMW riders William Dunlop and Guy Martin completed the top six at average speeds of 208.279kmph and 207.545kmph, respectively.
The Superbike TT race is scheduled for June 6, 2015 and it's set to be a thriller!
Images courtesy iomtt.com
- NewsTravellers can now travel to Uttarakhand, Goa and Himachal Pradesh, have to follow guidelines
- NewsCEAT launches GoSafe S95 Face Masks, forays into personal protective equipment business
- News2020 Audi RS7 Sportback to be launched in India on July 16
- NewsHero MotoCorp gives 100 scooters to women police officers of Gorakhpur Police Department
- NewsRenault Kwid RXL 1.0L launched at Rs.4.16 lakh in India
- Digitising Text
- Abstract | Winners and Honourable Mentions
- BP Tip of the Day: Getting Out of a Creative Block