2015 Maruti Celerio diesel launched in India at Rs 4.65 lakh
Maruti Suzuki have launched the much-awaited diesel variant of the Celerio in India at Rs 4.65 lakh, ex-Delhi going up to Rs 5.71 lakh. It is available in four variants, LDi, VDi, ZDi and ZDi(O). There are six colour options to choose from.
The diesel engine which has been indigeniously developed by the company is a 793cc, two cylinder all aluminium unit. It is probably the smallest diesel motor in the automotive world as of now. It makes 47.6PS of power and 125Nm of torque and is mated to a 5-speed manual transmission. The claimed fuel efficiency figure of the Maruti Celerio diesel is 27.62kmpl, making it the most fuel efficient car in the country today. Maruti says that the Celerio diesel makes more torque per cc than even the Swift diesel. Maruti's Celerio diesel is also one of the lightest cars in its category with a kerb weight between 850 and 900kg.
Apart from the DDiS125 badge, the Celerio diesel doesn't look any different from the regular petrol trim. On the safety front, driver airbag is available on the ZDi variant while the ZDi(O) gets dual front airbags. ABS though is available only on the latter. The Maruti Celerio diesel competes with the Chevrolet Beat and Hyundai Grand i10.
2015 Maruti Celerio diesel prices, ex-Delhi
|Maruti Celerio LDi||Rs 4.65 lakh|
|Maruti Celerio VDi||Rs 4.95 lakh|
|Maruti Celerio ZDi||Rs 5.25 lakh|
|Maruti Celerio ZDi (O)||Rs 5.71 lakh|
Starts Rs 4.32 Lakhs
Starts Rs 4.98 Lakhs
- NewsHyundai Venue SUV to get iMT clutchless manual gearbox with 1.0-litre turbo
- NewsBSVI Skoda Rapid 1.0-litre TSI to get automatic option in September 2020
- NewsAudi e-tron S and Audi e-tron S Sportback electric SUVs revealed
- NewsMG Gloster SUV teased on Indian website, here's everything you need to know
- NewsMaruti Suzuki launches subscription services
- Digitising Text
- Abstract | Winners and Honourable Mentions
- BP Tip of the Day: Getting Out of a Creative Block