2015 Maruti Suzuki Ciaz SHVS diesel launched in India at Rs 8.23 lakh
Maruti Suzuki India have just launched the Ciaz diesel hybrid or Ciaz SHVS as they call it. The Ciaz SHVS is available in five trims - VDi, VDi(O), VDi+, ZDi and ZDi+. It is priced between Rs 8.23 lakh and Rs 10.17 lakh, ex-Delhi and replaces the regular Ciaz diesel trims.
The SVHS engine in the new Ciaz diesel
The Maruti Ciaz SHVS borrows the 90PS/200Nm DDiS200 diesel motor from the outgoing car. However, the motor now gets Brake Energy Recuperation (in Maruti-speak), idle engine stop/start and power assist. The entire setup uses an integrated starter motor and a high capacity battery. Energy which would normally be wasted during deceleration is stored in the bigger capacity battery which has been specially ordered for the Ciaz diesel SHVS. This stored energy is used to assist the car during acceleration. The hybrid technology used in this car will be benefiting from the incentives offered by the Government of India under the FAME (Faster Adoption and Manufacturing of Hybrid and Electric vehicles) scheme.
The claimed fuel efficiency has also gone up from 26.2kmpl earlier to now 28.09kmpl. For extracting this efficiency, a gear shift indicator has been introduced in the new Ciaz diesel. Maruti claims a 0-100kmph time of 13.2 seconds for the Ciaz SHVS. There are seven colour options available.
Maruti Suzuki Ciaz SHVS prices
|VDi||Rs 8.23 lakh|
|VDi(O)||Rs 8.37 lakh|
|ZDi||Rs 9.52 lakh|
|ZDi+||Rs 10.17 lakh|
Starts Rs 8.2 Lakhs
- NewsKia Sonet launched: Top 10 segment-first features
- NewsKia Sonet India launch: Prices and variant-wise features explained
- News2020 Kia Sonet price comparison vs Hyundai Venue, Maruti Suzuki Brezza and Tata Nexon
- NewsKia Sonet launched in India, prices start from Rs 6.71 lakh
- NewsLive updates: Kia Sonet India launch, prices, specs, details, variants, engines and features unveiled