2015 Maruti Wagon R AMT launched in India at Rs 4.76 lakh
Maruti Suzuki have launched the Wagon R AMT in India at Rs 4.76 lakh for the regular and Rs 4.98 lakh for the Stingray editions, ex-Delhi. The Maruti Wagon R AMT is available only in the Vxi and Vxi(O) trims. There is no price change for the other trims.
The AMT-equipped Wagon R is powered by the 1.0-litre K-series engine which makes 69PS of power and 90Nm of torque. The 5-speed AMT is sourced from Magneti Marelli. Maruti Suzuki claims that the Wagon R AMT can deliver a fuel efficiency of 20.5kmpl, same as its manual counterpart. The car looks the same as the non-AMT trims, except for the badge at the rear which says Auto Gear Shift.
There aren't any significant changes on the inside either - neither in the layout of the dashboard nor upholstery for the AMT trim. Maruti Suzuki though have given the option of ABS and dual airbags right from the base LXi trim. This makes the Wagon R the only vehicle in its class to offer ABS and airbags as an option across trims.
Introducing the new variants, R S Kalsi, executive director marketing and sales, MSIL said, "WagonR is one of the strongest brands in the Indian car market and it has been one of the top five selling cars in the country. WagonR will be the third brand from our portfolio to get the acclaimed Auto Gear Shift technology. By introducing the AGS in a popular car like the WagonR, we aim to democratise the AGS technology so that more customers can enjoy the convenience of automatic gear shift without compromising on fuel efficiency and at an attractive price."
Team OD | 17 May 2018
- FeaturesProduct review: Ixon RS Moto HP gloves
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 Lexus LX 570 flagship SUV
- Review2018 Ford EcoSport S first drive review
- NewsTata Motors' shipments of Indian Army's Safari Storme 4X4 spotted
- NewsTesla releases some of its Model S autonomous driving software to coders
- NewsImage gallery: Royal Enfield Classic 500 Pegasus edition
- NewsSpec comparison: Hyundai Creta vs Honda BR-V vs Nissan Terrano vs Mahindra Scorpio vs Renault Captur
- NewsHero Electric planning new EV models to increase sales
- News2019 Kia Sportage facelift spotted undisguised at the Nurburgring
- NewsMercedes-AMG launches the GLE 43 4MATIC Coupe OrangeArt and SLC 43 RedArt limited edition cars in India