2015 Maruti Wagon R AMT launched in India at Rs 4.76 lakh
Maruti Suzuki have launched the Wagon R AMT in India at Rs 4.76 lakh for the regular and Rs 4.98 lakh for the Stingray editions, ex-Delhi. The Maruti Wagon R AMT is available only in the Vxi and Vxi(O) trims. There is no price change for the other trims.
The AMT-equipped Wagon R is powered by the 1.0-litre K-series engine which makes 69PS of power and 90Nm of torque. The 5-speed AMT is sourced from Magneti Marelli. Maruti Suzuki claims that the Wagon R AMT can deliver a fuel efficiency of 20.5kmpl, same as its manual counterpart. The car looks the same as the non-AMT trims, except for the badge at the rear which says Auto Gear Shift.
There aren't any significant changes on the inside either - neither in the layout of the dashboard nor upholstery for the AMT trim. Maruti Suzuki though have given the option of ABS and dual airbags right from the base LXi trim. This makes the Wagon R the only vehicle in its class to offer ABS and airbags as an option across trims.
Introducing the new variants, R S Kalsi, executive director marketing and sales, MSIL said, "WagonR is one of the strongest brands in the Indian car market and it has been one of the top five selling cars in the country. WagonR will be the third brand from our portfolio to get the acclaimed Auto Gear Shift technology. By introducing the AGS in a popular car like the WagonR, we aim to democratise the AGS technology so that more customers can enjoy the convenience of automatic gear shift without compromising on fuel efficiency and at an attractive price."
- News2018 Raid de Himalaya: Arindam Saikia of Team Polaris crowned overall winner
- News2019 Kawasaki Z650 launched in India at Rs 5.29 lakh
- FeaturesFHVI's Royal Classic Car Drive to Mysore
- NewsKymco enters the Indian electric scooter market with 22 Motors
- NewsMahindra TUV300 facelift in the works, launch next year
- NewsTata Harrier SUV pre-bookings open at Rs 30,000 across India
- NewsImage gallery: India-bound 2019 Yamaha YZF-R3
- NewsDucati Multistrada 1260 Enduro breaks cover
- News2019 Kawasaki Z900 launched in India at Rs 7.68 lakh, same price as earlier
- NewsEXCLUSIVE: KTM India set to launch 125 Duke in India next month?