2015 McLaren 650S unveiled ahead of Geneva debut
McLaren Automotive has released pictures and some details of the Mclaren 650S, its fastest production series supercar yet, ahead of its official unveil at the upcoming Geneva Motor Show 2014.
The model is expected to be launched in the spring of 2014 and will be available in Coupe and Spyder variants with a electrically retractable hardtop. It will join the McLaren range above the 12C.
The McLaren has put its M838T twin turbo V8 powerhouse under the hood of the 650S. And as the name suggests, the supercar makes 650PS of power. Further details will be released at the Geneva Motor Show 2014.
The exterior is curvaceous and boasts high levels of craftsmanship. The bumper gets an integrated front splitter which gives a masculine effect and at the same time increases the level of downforce, adding to the agility and handling of the car. LED headlamps have been borrowed from the McLaren P1 supercar.
Huge side air intakes behind the doors pass air to the radiators, cooling the mid-mounted engine. Lightweight five spoke alloy wheels complete the side profile. The posterior is similar to the McLaren MP4-12C.
Several technologies prevalent on other McLaren models have been incorporated in a better form in the 650S. Active aerodynamics which is already available on the P1 and 12C has been upgraded for this car. Same is the case with McLaren Airbrake and ProActive chassis control. The improved Airbrake deploys whenever the car thinks that extra down force is required unlike the old system in which it would deploy only under braking or when manually activated in 'Aero Mode'. The McLaren developed ProActive chassis control suspension system adjusts the ride and handling modes- Normal, Sport and Track in complete isolation from the drive train, thus giving claimed better ride and handling.
The 650S is by no means a stripped out racer. McLaren claims that ride comfort and refinement are up to saloon standards. Standard features are IRIS satellite navigation with Bluetooth telephony, DAB digital radio, audio streaming and voice control. Optional equipment includes carbon racing seats, electric steering column adjustment, rear parking camera and more carbon fibre in the cabin.
For more images, click here
- News2018 Suzuki GSX-S750 launch in India tomorrow
- NewsMercedes-Benz A-Class sedan image leaked ahead of Beijing debut
- NewsAuto China 2018: All-new Mercedes-Maybach Ultimate Luxury concept teaser out
- NewsSIAM and Ministry of Road Transport and Highways kick-off road safety week
- NewsImage Gallery: Volkswagen I. D. R Pikes Peak hill climb prototype racer revealed
- NewsUniform road tax across states soon, plans the central government
- NewsBMW 8 Series spotted testing in convertible form
- News2018 Kawasaki Ninja 400 being offered at Rs 20,000 discount by dealership
- NewsHonda Monkey 125 confirmed for production
- NewsSpec comparo: Kawasaki Vulcan 650 S vs Harley-Davidson Street Rod