2015 Mercedes-Benz C 220 CDI launched in India at Rs 39.9 lakh
Mercedes-Benz India has launched the new C-Class diesel at Rs 39.9 lakh ex-Delhi. The diesel will be available in two variants - Avantgarde (Rs 42.9 lakh ex-Delhi) and Style (Rs 39.9 lakh ex-Delhi). The new Mercedes-Benz C 220 CDI will be the volumes seller for the company and will go against the BMW 3 Series and Audi A4.
From the grille to the segment-first full LED lamps and the rear contours, the new C looks brilliant. The story continues inside the cabin as well with the gesture control touchpad for the infotainment system, mood lighting with three different colours and many more. It also gets a rain sensing panoramic sunroof - yes it pops shut automatically when the skies open up. Five colour options are available with this Merc.
The new C diesel makes 170PS of power and 400Nm of torque. The 2143cc motor sends power to the rear wheels via a 7-speed torque convertor. Mercedes-Benz claims a respectable (for a luxury car) fuel efficiency of 19.27kmpl.
There are paddle shifters on the steering wheel as well. Five transmission modes can be selected through the Agility Select System and the Individual mode can be configured according to one's needs. The safety dragnet includes brake assist, ESP, ASR and seven air bags. You can read all about it in Rishaad Mody's review of the C-Class diesel.
Meanwhile, local production of its petrol sibling has already begun and it comes solely in the top-end Avantgarde trim, priced at Rs 40.9 lakh ex-Delhi. There is no change in the price though.
2015 Mercedes-Benz C 220 CDI
|Avantgarde||Rs 42.9 lakh|
|Style||Rs 39.9 lakh|
More from OVERDRIVE on the 2015 C-Class:
Starts Rs 38.4 Lakhs
Starts Rs 41.7 Lakhs
Starts Rs 40.2 Lakhs
- News2020 Suzuki Gixxer 250 launched at a price of Rs 1.63 lakh
- News2020 Datsun Redi-Go launched in India for Rs 2.83 lakh
- NewsHyundai helps customers affected by AMPHAN cyclone in West Bengal
- NewsGWM India appoints James Yang as president
- NewsSpec comparo: Etergo AppScooter vs Ather 450X vs Bajaj Chetak vs TVS iQube
- CONTEST: Finding Solace | Better Photography Weekly Challenge
- Winners of the Macros at Home Contest
- A ‘Bird’ was Used to Make Children Sit Still!