2015 Mercedes-Benz C 220 CDI launched in India at Rs 39.9 lakh
Mercedes-Benz India has launched the new C-Class diesel at Rs 39.9 lakh ex-Delhi. The diesel will be available in two variants - Avantgarde (Rs 42.9 lakh ex-Delhi) and Style (Rs 39.9 lakh ex-Delhi). The new Mercedes-Benz C 220 CDI will be the volumes seller for the company and will go against the BMW 3 Series and Audi A4.
From the grille to the segment-first full LED lamps and the rear contours, the new C looks brilliant. The story continues inside the cabin as well with the gesture control touchpad for the infotainment system, mood lighting with three different colours and many more. It also gets a rain sensing panoramic sunroof - yes it pops shut automatically when the skies open up. Five colour options are available with this Merc.
The new C diesel makes 170PS of power and 400Nm of torque. The 2143cc motor sends power to the rear wheels via a 7-speed torque convertor. Mercedes-Benz claims a respectable (for a luxury car) fuel efficiency of 19.27kmpl.
There are paddle shifters on the steering wheel as well. Five transmission modes can be selected through the Agility Select System and the Individual mode can be configured according to one's needs. The safety dragnet includes brake assist, ESP, ASR and seven air bags. You can read all about it in Rishaad Mody's review of the C-Class diesel.
Meanwhile, local production of its petrol sibling has already begun and it comes solely in the top-end Avantgarde trim, priced at Rs 40.9 lakh ex-Delhi. There is no change in the price though.
2015 Mercedes-Benz C 220 CDI
|Avantgarde||Rs 42.9 lakh|
|Style||Rs 39.9 lakh|
More from OVERDRIVE on the 2015 C-Class:
Starts Rs 38.4 Lakhs
Starts Rs 37.8 Lakhs
Starts Rs 39.82 Lakhs
Team OD | 19 Feb 2018
- News2018 Kawasaki Z900RS launched in India at Rs 15.3 lakh
- NewsBMW Motorrad cuts motorcycle prices by 10 per cent in India
- Review2018 Ferrari Portofino first drive review
- News2018 Royal Enfield Thunderbird 500X and Thunderbird 350X to be launched in India on February 28, 2018
- NewsKia installs framework of its new manufacturing plant in Andhra Pradesh
- NewsMotoGP: Tech3 and Yamaha to part ways after 2018 season
- Review2018 Yamaha MT-09 first ride review
- NewsSkoda India to hike prices of all models
- NewsDucati launches extended warranty program in India
- News2018 F1: All the Formula 1 cars for the upcoming season launched so far