2015 Mini Cooper S 3-door launched in India at Rs 34.65 lakh
After launching the diesel powered 3-and 5-door Cooper models, Mini have opened sales of the Cooper in India. The new Mini (that's the only available version as of now) comes in via the CBU route and is priced at Rs 34.65 lakh, ex-showroom, pan-India.
While it looks similar to the diesel Minis we drove before, there are significant changes under the hood. This includes an uprated four-cylinder twin power turbo 2.0-litre petrol engine which makes 192PS and 280Nm and a 6-speed automatic gearbox. Mini says that this engine was built from scratch for the Cooper S and does the 0-100kmph run in just 6.7s and hits a top speed of 233kmph.
Commenting on the launch, Philipp von Sahr, president BMW Group India said, "Minis have always have a knack for speed and agility and the new Mini Cooper S takes that passion even further. The powerful Mini TwinPower Turbo 4-cylinder engine takes the classic Mini go-kart feeling to new heights as it revels in the mindblowing force of increased power and acceleration. The new Mini Cooper S is furiously fun and ready to dominate the Indian streets like never before."
Starts Rs 34.9 Lakhs
Starts Rs 33.2 Lakhs
- NewsMaruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza facelift spied - likely to get a petrol option
- NewsTata Motors launch Pro Edition of Harrier, Hexa, Nexon, Tigor and Tiago - stars at additional Rs 29,999
- NewsKTM 790 Duke's Bajaj Auto finance scheme explained - launched in India for Rs 8.63 lakhs
- News2019 KTM 790 Duke launched in India - Priced at Rs 8.63 lakh
- NewsLive Updates: KTM 790 Duke launching in India today