2015 Mini Cooper S 3-door launched in India at Rs 34.65 lakh
After launching the diesel powered 3-and 5-door Cooper models, Mini have opened sales of the Cooper in India. The new Mini (that's the only available version as of now) comes in via the CBU route and is priced at Rs 34.65 lakh, ex-showroom, pan-India.
While it looks similar to the diesel Minis we drove before, there are significant changes under the hood. This includes an uprated four-cylinder twin power turbo 2.0-litre petrol engine which makes 192PS and 280Nm and a 6-speed automatic gearbox. Mini says that this engine was built from scratch for the Cooper S and does the 0-100kmph run in just 6.7s and hits a top speed of 233kmph.
Commenting on the launch, Philipp von Sahr, president BMW Group India said, "Minis have always have a knack for speed and agility and the new Mini Cooper S takes that passion even further. The powerful Mini TwinPower Turbo 4-cylinder engine takes the classic Mini go-kart feeling to new heights as it revels in the mindblowing force of increased power and acceleration. The new Mini Cooper S is furiously fun and ready to dominate the Indian streets like never before."
Starts Rs 31.5 Lakhs
Starts Rs 34.9 Lakhs
- NewsTata H5X SUV and 45X hatchback launch timelines revealed
- NewsMercedes-AMG G63 6x6 inspires the BAIC BJ80 6x6 in China, showcased at Auto China 2018
- NewsFord to stop selling Fiesta, Fusion, and Taurus sedans in North America
- NewsMahindra-owned Pininfarina and Hybrid Kinetic Group unveil K350 all-electric SUV concept at Auto China 2018
- NewsAuto China 2018: Mercedes-Benz C-Class L shown
- FeaturesImage gallery: Shaken and Stirred May 2018
- NewsFord Freestyle priced lower than the Figo hatch and the Aspire sedan, here's why
- NewsVolvo wants half its sales to come from electric vehicles by 2025
- NewsVW Motorsport India takes its Customer Sport programme to all three INRC categories
- News2018 Mini Countryman to launch in India on May 3