2015 New York Auto Show: 2016 Chevrolet Spark unveiled
After releasing teasers of the new Chevrolet Spark (Beat for India), General Motors has finally unveiled the car at the New York Auto Show 2015. The new Chevrolet Beat sits on a slightly longer wheelbase and loses out on that youthful design seen in the previous car.
General Motors says that the updated Beat is sits 40mm lower than the outgoing model and this has resulted in an even lower drag coefficient. The body shell is also claimed to be all-new and has been strengthened. The company says that it has retained the 'fun to drive' character that the Beat was always known for.
The new Beat though doesn't look as radical as before and features a more mature design language. The dual port grille gets a chrome outline and is flanked by boomerang-shaped headlamps. The fog lamp enclosures too have a chrome outline. Chevy has changed the alloy wheel design as well. The side profile, like the front has been altered as well. Changes at the rear include redesigned lamps and bumpers.
The new Spark gets keyless entry
While there are no images of the interior, GM says that the new Beat gets an advanced dot matrix LCD instrument cluster and a 7-inch touchscreen for infotainment. Space in the cabin has also been increased, according to GM. New safety features include forward collision alert, lane departure warning and side blind spot alert. This is apart from the 10 airbags which come as standard.
There is a new 1.4-litre four-cylinder Ecotec petrol engine on offer as well. It can be paired to either a 5-speed manual or a CVT and GM claims that the motor will deliver 17.01kmpl with the automatic transmission. GM has said that this Spark will be made at the company's Changwon assembly facility in South Korea and will be sold only in developed countries like the USA. Expect the new Spark to be in the North American market by the fourth quarter of 2015.
Starts Rs 3.64 Lakhs
Starts Rs 4.32 Lakhs
- NewsNissan Motor Co chairman Carlos Ghosn faces arrest by Japan authorities over financial violations allegations
- NewsVolkswagen India asked to deposit Rs 100 crores by the NGT over Dieselgate
- NewsSpied: 2019 Mercedes-Benz CLA sedan caught testing
- ReviewHero Xtreme 200R vs TVS Apache RTR 160 4v comparison test
- NewsMahindra Marazzo MPV prices to increase by up to Rs 40,000 from January 2019
- News2018 MotoGP season comes to a dramatic end, Dovizioso wins 'two-part' rain soaked race
- News2018 JK NRC: Karthik Tharani wins 2018 Euro JK 18 championship
- NewsMarc Marquez dominates Sunday morning warm-up at Valencia for 2018 MotoGP season finale
- NewsVinales secures pole position for 2018 MotoGP season finale in Valencia, Marquez qualifies fifth despite crash
- News2018 JK NRC: Nayan Chatterjee and Karthik Tharani take Euro JK 18 championship down to the wire