2015 New York Auto Show: 2016 Chevrolet Spark unveiled
After releasing teasers of the new Chevrolet Spark (Beat for India), General Motors has finally unveiled the car at the New York Auto Show 2015. The new Chevrolet Beat sits on a slightly longer wheelbase and loses out on that youthful design seen in the previous car.
General Motors says that the updated Beat is sits 40mm lower than the outgoing model and this has resulted in an even lower drag coefficient. The body shell is also claimed to be all-new and has been strengthened. The company says that it has retained the 'fun to drive' character that the Beat was always known for.
The new Beat though doesn't look as radical as before and features a more mature design language. The dual port grille gets a chrome outline and is flanked by boomerang-shaped headlamps. The fog lamp enclosures too have a chrome outline. Chevy has changed the alloy wheel design as well. The side profile, like the front has been altered as well. Changes at the rear include redesigned lamps and bumpers.
The new Spark gets keyless entry
While there are no images of the interior, GM says that the new Beat gets an advanced dot matrix LCD instrument cluster and a 7-inch touchscreen for infotainment. Space in the cabin has also been increased, according to GM. New safety features include forward collision alert, lane departure warning and side blind spot alert. This is apart from the 10 airbags which come as standard.
There is a new 1.4-litre four-cylinder Ecotec petrol engine on offer as well. It can be paired to either a 5-speed manual or a CVT and GM claims that the motor will deliver 17.01kmpl with the automatic transmission. GM has said that this Spark will be made at the company's Changwon assembly facility in South Korea and will be sold only in developed countries like the USA. Expect the new Spark to be in the North American market by the fourth quarter of 2015.
Starts Rs 3.64 Lakhs
Starts Rs 4.32 Lakhs
Team OD | 12 Feb 2018
- NewsMaharashtra government announces tax exemption for electric vehicles
- News2018 Toyota Yaris Cross hatchback details revealed
- NewsPorsche to invest $ 7.4 billion by 2022 towards electric vehicles
- NewsImage gallery: TVS Apache RTR 200 Fi Ethanol
- NewsImage gallery: Mahindra Thar Wanderlust SUV at the 2018 Auto Expo
- NewsImage gallery: Honda Sports EV concept at the Auto Expo 2018
- NewsImage gallery: Tata Tigor and Tiago JTP showcased at 2018 Auto Expo
- NewsAuto Expo 2018: 2018 Maruti Suzuki Swift image gallery
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 Yamaha YZF-R15 v3
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 Yamaha YZF-R6