2015 New York Auto Show: New Mitsubishi Outlander unveiled
Mitsubishi may have pulled the plug on the Outlander in India, but this doesn't stop it from showcasing an all new version at the New York Auto Show 2015. The new Mitsubishi Outlander borrows its design theme from one of the concepts that has been doing rounds of various auto shows around the world, the PHEV Concept-S.
At first glance, the production-ready Outlander will shock you with its concept-car like styling, something which is carried forward from every generation of the Outlander. The grille again, well, looks outlandish. There is lots of chrome on it and the headlights are neatly integrated into the grille, with the GT variants receiving LED lamps. The sides look similar to the Honda CR-V and the. The new Mitsubishi Outlander comes with stylish looking 18-inch alloys. At the rear, the lamps stretch onto the boot lid while the lower half of the bumper is covered with black cladding.
Inside the cabin, the new Mitsubishi Outlander gets new upholstery, revised steering wheel, new infotainment system and rear folding seat. The company says that this all-new Outlander has a modified chassis and that its engineers have worked extensively to lower the NVH as well as enhance the ride quality and added rear differential dampers. Safety systems such as forward collision mitigation, adaptive cruise control as well as lane departure warning are now available with the new Outlander.
Mitsubishi has not yet commented on the engines that will be available with the new Outlander. But the company does insist that the CVT-equipped variant will provide improved shift feel, acceleration and performance.
It is not yet clear if Mitsubishi will bring the updated Outlander to India to take on the Honda CR-V, Hyundai Santa Fe and the Toyota.
Starts Rs 24.4 Lakhs
Starts Rs 27.27 Lakhs
- OpinionOn OVERDRIVE turning twenty...
- Review2018 Lexus ES 300h first drive review
- NewsThe OVERDRIVE 24 Hours Performance Run is coming your way this weekend
- NewsFerrari lays out plans till 2022, will build 'Purosangue' SUV
- News2019 Suzuki Katana to be unveiled on October 2 at the Intermot show
- News2018 Mercedes-Benz C-Class launched in India at Rs 40 lakh
- NewsNew-gen Honda CR-V to be launched in India on October 9
- NewsLive updates: 2018 Mercedes-Benz C-Class facelift India launch
- NewsImage gallery: Mercedes-AMG A35 revealed
- NewsMercedes-AMG A35 hot hatchback revealed ahead of Paris Motor Show