2015 Skoda Rapid launched in India at Rs 7.22 lakh
Skoda has launched the facelifted Rapid, just a day after Volkswagen launched the refreshed version of their Vento. Like the Vento the Rapid gets some small visual tweaks but the big news is the incorporation of the new 1.5-litre diesel engine that's also under the hood of Volkswagen's Polo and Vento. Skoda will also be offering the Rapid with the option of a DSG automatic gearbox with the diesel car. Unlike the Volkswagens however, the Rapid will not come with the 1.2TSI petrol variant.
The Rapid comes with four engine/transmission options, each in four different trim levels namely - Active, Ambition+, Elegance and Elegance Black Package. The 1.6-litre petrol engine comes with a choice of a five-speed manual gearbox or a six-speed torque converter automatic. The diesel also gets a choice of a five-speed manual but comes with a more sophisticated seven-speed DSG automatic. Both the automatics are not available in the base Active variant. Prices range from Rs 7.22 lakh for the petrol with a manual gearbox in Active trim all the way to Rs 10.09 lakh for the diesel with a DSG gearbox in range topping Elegance Black Package trim, ex-Delhi.
Visual changes include new smoke effect headlamps and blacked out alloy wheels on the top end Elegance Black Package.However if you find that too loud for your taste you can always go for the regular Elegance models. The Rapid also gets the option of parking sensors and cruise control as part of this update.
More on the new Skoda Rapid
Starts Rs 7.49 Lakhs
Starts Rs 8.78 Lakhs
- NewsTata Altroz diesel now more affordable with Rs 40,000 price cut
- NewsVolkswagen's first electric SUV, the ID.4, will include 3-years of free fast charging in the US
- NewsFord Endeavour Sport launched in India, prices start from Rs 35.10 lakh
- NewsToyota GR Super Sport hypercar prototype debuts at Le Mans 2020
- NewsFounder of Nikola Motor, fuel-cell transit revolutionary, resigns amidst claims of fraud