2015 Tokyo Motor Show: Nissan to unveil an all-new electric concept
Nissan has teased an all new concept car which will make its debut at the 2015 Tokyo Motor Show. In a rather brief press release titled Together We Ride to Tokyo, Nissan simply states that this concept will represent "Nissan's future vision of car intelligence and electrification."
Neither the name nor the codename of the car has been disclosed. Some features like the V-shaped grille and all new headlamp suggest that its design has been borrowed from other Nissan concept cars seen in the past. The concept car is expected to be all-electric, just like the Gripz, 2020 Vision GT and Teatro for Dayz box car concepts which too will be showcased at the 2015 Tokyo Motor Show.
The Nissan Gripz concept
The emphasis on "intelligence" in the press release has us hoping for the concept to be self-driven. With the Leaf Piloted Drive 1.0 concept project already afoot, Nissan's vision of putting autonomous vehicles on public roads by the end of this decade doesn't seem like such a distant reality. Nissan further goes on to state that its future cars will be equipped with digital tech to keep the machines relevant for the millenials who're just about to hit the legal driving age.
Team OD | 19 Feb 2018
Team OD | 12 Feb 2018
- NewsTriumph Bonneville Speedmaster to launch in India on February 27, 2018
- NewsAuto Expo 2018: Mahindra KUV100 Adventure Edition image gallery
- NewsGeneva Motor Show: Tata 45X based sedan teased
- NewsAuto Expo 2018: Hyundai Elite i20 facelift image gallery
- NewsImage gallery: Yamaha Motoroid concept
- NewsImage gallery: Honda CBR1000RR Fireblade
- NewsWRC 2018: Hyundai's Thierry Neuville victorious at Rally Sweden
- NewsImage gallery: Honda Clarity fuel cell FCV
- NewsImage gallery: Yamaha M-Slaz
- NewsImage gallery: TVS Creon concept