2015 Tokyo Motor Show: Nissan to unveil an all-new electric concept
Nissan has teased an all new concept car which will make its debut at the 2015 Tokyo Motor Show. In a rather brief press release titled Together We Ride to Tokyo, Nissan simply states that this concept will represent "Nissan's future vision of car intelligence and electrification."
Neither the name nor the codename of the car has been disclosed. Some features like the V-shaped grille and all new headlamp suggest that its design has been borrowed from other Nissan concept cars seen in the past. The concept car is expected to be all-electric, just like the Gripz, 2020 Vision GT and Teatro for Dayz box car concepts which too will be showcased at the 2015 Tokyo Motor Show.
The Nissan Gripz concept
The emphasis on "intelligence" in the press release has us hoping for the concept to be self-driven. With the Leaf Piloted Drive 1.0 concept project already afoot, Nissan's vision of putting autonomous vehicles on public roads by the end of this decade doesn't seem like such a distant reality. Nissan further goes on to state that its future cars will be equipped with digital tech to keep the machines relevant for the millenials who're just about to hit the legal driving age.
- ReviewSuzuki V-Strom 650 XT ABS first ride review
- NewsMG Motor India's first launch: Everything we know
- NewsVolkswagen Passat with Connect app launched at Rs 25.99 lakh
- News2019 Hyundai Santro spotted in top-spec Asta trim
- NewsHero Destini 125cc scooter to launch on October 22
- NewsChinese carmaker Great Wall Motors to enter India by 2021-22
- NewsImage gallery: New BMW X7 SUV
- NewsSkoda Kodiaq GT coupe-SUV unveiled for China
- News2019 BMW X7 SUV unveiled internationally
- FeaturesReady to race: Volkswagen Vento TC4-A Racecar first drive review