2015 Tokyo Motor Show: Toyota showcases the CH-R hybrid crossover and the SF-R sportscar concepts
The Toyota CH-R concept seen at the 44th Tokyo Motor Show is a hybrid crossover and was first showcased at the 2014 Paris Motor Show. It is built on Toyota's new generation architecture, which was debuted in the Prius.
There is a possibility that the Toyota CH-R will get a 1.5-litre four-cylinder engine producing around 170PS of power and an electric motor with an output of up to 200PS. The 19-inch alloy wheels, LED lights, extended wheel arches and side skirts make the car look muscular. Toyota also aims to achieve a thermal efficiency of 40 per cent in the CH-R concept, which will contend with the Nissan Juke and Jeep Renegade. Toyota also claims that the car will have spacious interiors. We can expect this near production model to be launched with five doors.
The Toyota SF-R
The SF-R concept is an entry-level rear wheel drive sportscar. It houses a 1.5-litre inline four-cylinder engine mated to the Aisin 6-speed transmission. Toyota says that the car has a fuel efficiency of 20kmpl and it weighs around 980kg. This two door four-seater sportscar features a large front grille and round headlamps with DRLs. It is expected to be placed one notch below the Toyota GT86 whenever it hits the market.
Team OD | 19 Feb 2018
- NewsF2 2018: Arjun Maini signs with Trident for FIA Formula 2 Championship
- Review2018 TVS Apache RR 310 road test review
- Features2016 Yamaha YZF-R3 long term review: After 12,572km and two years
- NewsPorsche discontinues diesel, to focus on EVs and hybrids
- News721PS/770Nm Ferrari 488 Pista comes with the most powerful V8 built by the company
- NewsTriumph Bonneville Speedmaster to launch in India on February 27, 2018
- NewsAuto Expo 2018: Mahindra KUV100 Adventure Edition image gallery
- NewsGeneva Motor Show: Tata 45X based sedan teased
- NewsAuto Expo 2018: Hyundai Elite i20 facelift image gallery
- NewsImage gallery: Yamaha Motoroid concept