2015 Tokyo Motor Show: Toyota showcases the CH-R hybrid crossover and the SF-R sportscar concepts
The Toyota CH-R concept seen at the 44th Tokyo Motor Show is a hybrid crossover and was first showcased at the 2014 Paris Motor Show. It is built on Toyota's new generation architecture, which was debuted in the Prius.
There is a possibility that the Toyota CH-R will get a 1.5-litre four-cylinder engine producing around 170PS of power and an electric motor with an output of up to 200PS. The 19-inch alloy wheels, LED lights, extended wheel arches and side skirts make the car look muscular. Toyota also aims to achieve a thermal efficiency of 40 per cent in the CH-R concept, which will contend with the Nissan Juke and Jeep Renegade. Toyota also claims that the car will have spacious interiors. We can expect this near production model to be launched with five doors.
The Toyota SF-R
The SF-R concept is an entry-level rear wheel drive sportscar. It houses a 1.5-litre inline four-cylinder engine mated to the Aisin 6-speed transmission. Toyota says that the car has a fuel efficiency of 20kmpl and it weighs around 980kg. This two door four-seater sportscar features a large front grille and round headlamps with DRLs. It is expected to be placed one notch below the Toyota GT86 whenever it hits the market.
- NewsSpec comparo: Honda CBR650R v Suzuki GSX-S750 v Kawasaki Ninja 650 v Triumph Street Triple S
- NewsMaruti Suzuki Alto 800 facelift launched at Rs 2.93 lakh, comes with BSVI compliant engine
- NewsHonda Amaze VX CVT launched in India at Rs 8.56 lakh, ex-showroom
- OpinionOff-Road Driving - The Right Way
- NewsHonda CB650R street naked motorcycle on cards for the Indian market?
- Wedding Photography Symposium
- Sony Better Photography Wedding Photographer of the Year 2018-19 Awards Night
- Sony BP WPOY 2018-19: Top 10 in The Joy of Light by Photoquip