2015 Tokyo Motor Show: Yamaha showcases autonomous motorcycle-riding humanoid robot
Yamaha revealed a prototype of their humanoid robot that is capable of riding a motorcycle autonomously. And no, it's not an NS-5, from the movie I, Robot, that will ride a motorcycle for us in the future but more of a rolling R&D project, built with the target of achieving 200kmph on a racetrack.
Yamaha believe that studying the complex motions that are needed to control a motorcycle at high speeds will help them develop more advanced rider aids and rider safety systems and also help pioneer new lines of business in the future. Yamaha have posted a teaser video titled MotoBot Ver.1 - To The Doctor where the robot challenges Valentino Rossi to a battle, as if he didn't have enough on his plate right now.
Motobot Ver.1 - To The Doctor
Bookmark OVERDRIVE's 2015 Tokyo Motor Show page for more updates from Tokyo Big Sight.
Team OD | 19 Feb 2018
- NewsF2 2018: Arjun Maini signs with Trident for FIA Formula 2 Championship
- Review2018 TVS Apache RR 310 road test review
- Features2016 Yamaha YZF-R3 long term review: After 12,572km and two years
- NewsPorsche discontinues diesel, to focus on EVs and hybrids
- News721PS/770Nm Ferrari 488 Pista comes with the most powerful V8 built by the company
- NewsTriumph Bonneville Speedmaster to launch in India on February 27, 2018
- NewsAuto Expo 2018: Mahindra KUV100 Adventure Edition image gallery
- NewsGeneva Motor Show: Tata 45X based sedan teased
- NewsAuto Expo 2018: Hyundai Elite i20 facelift image gallery
- NewsImage gallery: Yamaha Motoroid concept