2015 Tokyo Motor Show: Yamaha showcases autonomous motorcycle-riding humanoid robot
Yamaha revealed a prototype of theirhumanoid robot that is capable of riding a motorcycle autonomously. And no, it's not an NS-5, from the movie I, Robot, that will ride a motorcycle for us in the future but more of a rolling R&D project, built with the target of achieving 200kmph on a racetrack.
Yamaha believe that studying the complex motions that are needed to control a motorcycle at high speeds will help them develop more advanced rider aids and rider safety systems and also help pioneer new lines of business in the future. Yamaha have posted a teaser video titled MotoBot Ver.1-To The Doctorwhere the robot challenges Valentino Rossi to a battle, as if he didn't have enough on his plate right now.
Motobot Ver.1-To The Doctor
Bookmark OVERDRIVE's 2015 Tokyo Motor Show pagefor more updates from Tokyo Big Sight.
- ReviewSuzuki V-Strom 650 XT ABS first ride review
- NewsMG Motor India's first launch: Everything we know
- NewsVolkswagen Passat with Connect app launched at Rs 25.99 lakh
- News2019 Hyundai Santro spotted in top-spec Asta trim
- NewsHero Destini 125cc scooter to launch on October 22
- NewsChinese carmaker Great Wall Motors to enter India by 2021-22
- NewsImage gallery: New BMW X7 SUV
- NewsSkoda Kodiaq GT coupe-SUV unveiled for China
- News2019 BMW X7 SUV unveiled internationally
- FeaturesReady to race: Volkswagen Vento TC4-A Racecar first drive review