2015 Toyota Camry Hybrid launched in India at Rs 31.92 lakh
Toyota has introduced the refreshed Camry in India at Rs 31.92 lakh, ex-Delhi. The new Toyota Camry was globally unveiled last year and has finally made its way to the Indian shores. Like before, it comes in as a CBU and is also available in a regular petrol trim which is priced at Rs 28.8 lakh. Toyota says that the hybrid sold 523 units while only 197 petrol variants moved out from the showrooms last year.
Changes to the new Toyota Camry include use of chrome on the front bumper and grille, trapezoidal headlamps with LED daytime running lamps, revised side skirts, new alloys and tail lamps with an energy efficient LED design. Inside the cabin, Toyota have made use of a blue mood lighting, subtle revisions to the dashboard and hi-res screen for the touchscreen infotainment system as well as the digital display between the meters. The upholstery is also revised and comes in a beige colour.
There are no changes to the powertrain which essentially means a 2.5-litre motor that makes 181PS in the petrol variant and 160PS in the hybrid. For the hybrid Toyota Camry, a 143PS electric motor is also mated that bumps the total output to 205PS, simply because both the petrol and hybrid motors make their peak power at a different point. While the petrol-only Toyota Camry is mated to a 6-speed sequential shift automatic, the hybrid comes mated to a electronically controlled CVT.
Starts Rs 37.88 Lakhs
- NewsObituary: P Vijayaraghavan, Director, TVS Srichakra, has passed away
- News20 units of Tata Winger Ambulances donated to Maharashtra Govt. for COVID19
- NewsMercedes-Benz reveals second-gen MBUX infotainment ahead of S-Class debut
- NewsNext-gen Skoda Octavia RS continues with 245PS 2-litre TSI engine
- NewsTVS Motor Company extends free service and warranty timelines
- Digitising Text
- Abstract | Winners and Honourable Mentions
- BP Tip of the Day: Getting Out of a Creative Block