2015 Volkswagen Beetle to be launched in India on December 19, 2015
India will soon be hit by the 'bug' fever as the new Volkswagen Beetle will be launched in the country on December 19. This is the second time the iconic hatchback has been brought to the country. Its earlier stint in our market wasn't a success owing to the steep pricing that worked against it. However, Volkswagen is determined that the new funky design, feature rich interiors and revised driving dynamics will do all the talking for the hatchback.
The third generation Volkswagen Beetle has been prepped sufficiently for its 21st century run - with an expressive face that consists of bi-xenon headlights with a range adjustment and LED daytime running lights. The sleek fog lamps have been neatly slotted on the front bumper. The silhouette retains that curving roofline from the classic model. The rocker mouldings get chrome strips, which also act as side protectors. It now runs on 16-inch 'Whirl' multi-spoke alloy wheels with 205/60 R16 tyres. The rear tailgate comes with a sporty spoiler and tucked under the rear bumper are dual chrome tipped exhaust pipes. The new Beetle will be available in four bright shades of Habanero Orange, Oryx White, Tornado Red and Blue Silk.
The interior of new Volkswagen Beetle has been inspired by that of the first generation Beetle with a similar layout and positioning of buttons and knobs enriched with the use of modern and premium materials on the trims. Customers can avail the Chrome package for the interior to customise it to their tastes. In addition, it gets Climatronic dual-zone air-conditioning system, USB, aux-in, Bluetooth connectivity with an eight-speaker music system, panoramic sunroof, rain sensing wipers, start-stop system and cruise control.
The 2015 Volkswagen Beetle will be powered by a 1.4-litre gasoline motor that makes 150PS of power and 250Nm of torque. This motor is paired with a 7-speed automatic DSG gearbox. The prices of Volkswagen Beetle will be in the range of Rs 35 lakh and Rs 40 lakh and will be brought in the country through the CBU route. Volkswagen has already started taking bookings for the Beetle in India at bookmybeetle.in. On its launch, the new Beetle will lock horns with the Fiat Abarth 595 Competizione.
Starts Rs 29.85 Lakhs
- NewsINRC 2018: Popular Rally in Kochi to see three-way champonship tussle
- NewsDucati enters pre-owned motorcycle segment in India with Ducati Approved
- FeaturesTata Harrier: Things you will like
- NewsMcLaren commissions six special edition cars to celebrate racing heritage
- FeaturesOverview: Tata Harrier's OMEGA architecture
- NewsBookings open for the 2019 Nissan Kicks SUV
- NewsJawa Jawa and Jawa Forty-Two video: Exhaust note, top speed, design and features explained
- ReviewJawa Jawa first ride review
- NewsLive updates: Jawa Jawa and Jawa Forty-Two ridden in India
- News2019 Yamaha Saluto RX 110, Saluto 125 UBS launched in India at Rs 52,000