2015 Volkswagen Polo to be launched in India on July 15
The new, reworked Polo, with mechanical as well as cosmetic changes, is set to be launched by Volkswagen India on July 15.
The major change in the new Volkswagen Polo is the 4-cylinder 1.5-litre diesel engine. Expect this engine to make 105PS/250Nm like the current 1.6 diesel motor. Volkswagen will pair this engine to a DSG automatic box. The primary reason behind the downsized engine is to make the Polo eligible for excise duty benefits applicable to cars in India under 4m length with powerplants under 1.5l for diesels. As of now, it's too soon to say if Volkswagen will discontinue the current 1.2l diesel.
As far as the petrol mill is concerned, VW may use the current 1.2l motor and the sportier TSI variants will be powered by a turbo motor. Expect fuel efficiency to be a tad more than before. The new Polo will be given double-barrel headlamps along with LED DRLs in the top end variant, just like in the Euro-spec models. The new front bumper will be prominently lined with chrome.
The new front bumper will be prominently lined with chrome
More details about the new Volkswagen Polo will be revealed on July 15. Look out for more on that, right here on this space.
Starts Rs 5.83 Lakhs
- FeaturesComplete Guide to Caravans, Campers and Homes On Wheels in India
- NewsBMW R 18 cruiser launched in India at Rs 18.90 lakh, ex-showroom
- NewsKia Sonet launched: Top 10 segment-first features
- NewsKia Sonet India launch: Prices and variant-wise features explained
- News2020 Kia Sonet price comparison vs Hyundai Venue, Maruti Suzuki Brezza, Tata Nexon and Mahindra XUV300