2015 Volvo XC90 D5 launched in India at Rs 64.9 lakh
The new Volvo XC90 D5 has been launched in India at Rs 64.9 lakh for the Momentum trim and Rs 77.9 lakh for the Inscription trim - all prices ex-Mumbai. The bookings have already started and the cars will be delivered by September. The 2015 Volvo XC90 is available in India only in the diesel variant. There will be four colour options to choose from.
The new Volvo XC90 is one of the first products based on the Scalable Product Architecture platform. It's a departure from the existing car and boasts of a more rigid chassis and added safety features. The engines are also all-new and based on the DriveE technology which promises low emissions and high fuel efficiency.
Speaking of engines, the one available in India is the 1969cc diesel motor that makes 225PS and 470Nm. This engine comes mated to an 8-speed automatic transmission that is good for a top speed of 230kmph. Volvo's new XC90 has a ground clearance of 238mm and gets an AWD as well.
The Inscription trim gets ventilated leather seats, heated front and rear seats, power folding rear headrests, a Bower and Wilkins music system and a graphical head up display along with Nappa leather interiors, 'bright' roof-rails and dual tail-pipes.
Read our review of the Volvo XC90 here.
Starts Rs 80.9 Lakhs
Starts Rs 70.12 Lakhs
Starts Rs 74.9 Lakhs
- NewsConfirmed: 2020 BMW G 310 R and G 310 GS BSV India launch on October 8
- NewsUpcoming Triumph Trident middleweight roadster is almost production ready
- News810PS all-electric Hyundai RM20e prototype showcases future N brand potential
- FeaturesSpecial feature: Tasting spicy delicacies of Maharashtra in Hyundai Verna
- NewsIndia-bound 2021 Mercedes-Benz E-Class LWB facelift revealed