2015 Yamaha Saluto 125cc commuter launched in India at Rs 52,000
Yamaha has launched its new 125cc Saluto commuter motorcycle in India at Rs 52,000 ex-Delhi. The Yamaha Saluto joins the SS125 and the YBR125 in the company's 125cc motorcycle portfolio and is available in a single variant. There are two colour options to choose from- Brave Black and Victory Red.
The Yamaha Saluto is powered by a new Blue Core-enabled 125cc air cooled motor which makes 8.3PS and 10.1Nm. The engine base is derived from the new Yamaha FZ version 2.0 and comes mated to a 4-speed transmission. Yamaha says that the combustion chamber is now more compact than before and the Saluto should give a fuel efficiency of 78kmpl. The fuel tank capacity is 7.6 litres.
On the looks front, the Yamaha Saluto borrows its lineage from the YBR series. There are drums at both the ends with no option for a front disc brake. The motorcycle has a diamond frame chassis with a length of 2035mm and wheelbase of 1265mm. The ground clearance is 180mm. As far as suspension is concerned, there are telescopic forks in the front and a spring-loaded shock absorbers at the rear. The entire package weighs in at 112kg, making it the lightest in its class.
The Yamaha Saluto competes with the Bajaj Discover 125M and Honda CB Shine.
Starts Rs 59,480
Starts Rs 57,165
Starts Rs 57,683
Starts Rs 95,680
- NewsHarley Davidson reported a drop of 26.8 per cent in its Q1 earnings of 2019
- NewsImage gallery: 2019 Aston Martin DBS Superleggera Volante
- NewsAston Martin unveils the DBS Superleggera Volante, its fastest convertible yet
- NewsHero Xtreme 200R ABS prices hiked - will cost Rs 90,900 ex-showroom
- NewsTriumph to sell used motorcycles to offer more accessible entry-level pricing in India
- Wedding Photography Symposium
- Sony Better Photography Wedding Photographer of the Year 2018-19 Awards Night
- Sony BP WPOY 2018-19: Top 10 in The Joy of Light by Photoquip