2016 Audi R8 LMS Cup: Aditya Patel set to compete with Absolute Racing
As OVERDRIVE had already reported earlier this year, Aditya Patel is all set for his second season in the Audi R8 LMS Cup. Audi India has announced that Chennai-based Aditya Patel will be racing in the 2016 season of the championship. The first round is scheduled for this weekend (May 20-22) at the Shanghai International Circuit in China. Patel will race the new R8 LMS Cup car for team Absolute Racing with support from Audi India, JK Tyres and Jubilant Motorworks.
In the 2016 season, Patel will face competition from previous Audi R8 LMS Cup winners such as Alex Yoong, Cheng Congfu and Marchy Lee. This year, the championship will host its races in China, Taiwan, Malaysia, Thailand and Korea.
In the 2015 Audi R8 LMS Cup, Patel finished fourth overall. The season was a mixed bag for him after he did really well in the first half, and was involved in a couple of incidents in the second one. However, he did go into the final round of the championship in fifth place with a chance at winning the title. Despite setting the second-fastest lap in qualifying, Patel received a penalty for a technical infringement after his car suffered engine woes. He finished ninth in the first race and won the second one.
"Last year was a very positive year for me. Yes, I did have a few bad races which dented my hopes of fighting for the top three spots in the championship, but we still managed to put in some good results which helped me secure the drive this year," said Patel.
Starts Rs 2.55 Crore
- NewsVinales secures pole position for 2018 MotoGP season finale in Valencia, Marquez qualifies fifth despite crash
- News2018 JK NRC: Nayan Chatterjee and Karthik Tharani take Euro JK 18 championship down to the wire
- Review2018 TVS Radeon road test review
- News2018 Mahindra Alturas G4: Preliminary image gallery
- NewsVinod Dasari resigns as MD and CEO of Ashok Leyland
- Review2018 Kawasaki Ninja 400 road test review
- NewsSpec comparo: Jawa vs Royal Enfield Classic 350
- NewsMercedes-Benz C-Class facelift petrol to launch in India by the end of 2018
- NewsImage gallery: 2019 Mercedes-Benz CLS launched in India at Rs 84.70 lakh
- News2019 Kawasaki Versys 1000 bookings start in India, deliveries post April 2019