2016 Audi R8 LMS Cup: Aditya Patel seventh after Shanghai races
Aditya Patel, who is participating in the 2016 Audi R8 LMS Cup, bagged 14 points after two top-ten finishes in Round 1 of the championship. Although Patel managed to set the fastest time during Free Practice, he only managed to qualify sixth for Race 1. When the lights fell, he managed to move up to fifth place after a good start. However, he was forced to go wide in a corner during a battle with Alex Yoong, Alessio Picariello and Yuichi Nakayama and was pushed down to eighth. By the end of the race, Patel managed to get past Nakayama to finish seventh. Martin Rump, who is taking part in the championship for the first time, won the race ahead of Marchy Lee and Rahel Frey.
2016 marks Aditya Patel's second season in the Audi R8 LMS Cup
Patel started Race 2 eighth on the grid and managed to make up two places before crossing the line. This race was won by Frey, while Picariello and Yoong took second and third place respectively.
"It was definitely a tough weekend for me but in the end, I feel like I've learned a lot about the new car and am ready to take the positives to Thailand for Round 2! Huge thanks to Audi India, Audi China, JK Tyres and Jubilant Motorworks for making this season possible!" said Patel after the Race 2.
Currently ranked seventh after the first two races at Shanghai
Patel currently stands seventh in the overall classification, while Frey leads the scoreboard with 40 points. Round 2 of the 2016 Audi R8 LMS Cup will be held at Buriram, Thailand on July 16 and 17, and we'll keep you posted on how he fares.
Starts Rs 2.55 Crore
- NewsAudi Sport unveils the updated Audi R8 for 2019
- Features2018 Jaguar F-Type P300 R-Dynamic - things you will like, and some you may not
- FeaturesMG Motor India: What we'd like to see in their first SUV
- NewsMaruti Suzuki S-Cross crosses one lakh sales figure
- NewsSpec Comparo: Hyundai Santro vs Tata Tiago vs Maruti Suzuki Celerio
- News2018 Hyundai Santro: Launch image gallery
- News2018 Hyundai Santro launched in India at Rs 3.90 lakh
- NewsLive updates: 2018 Hyundai Santro India launch
- NewsRoyal Enfield Continental GT 650 and Interceptor 650 bookings open in India
- NewsUpcoming Tata Harrier SUV undergoes handling tests in new video