2016 Audi R8 LMS Cup: Aditya Patel seventh after Shanghai races
Aditya Patel, who is participating in the 2016 Audi R8 LMS Cup, bagged 14 points after two top-ten finishes in Round 1 of the championship. Although Patel managed to set the fastest time during Free Practice, he only managed to qualify sixth for Race 1. When the lights fell, he managed to move up to fifth place after a good start. However, he was forced to go wide in a corner during a battle with Alex Yoong, Alessio Picariello and Yuichi Nakayama and was pushed down to eighth. By the end of the race, Patel managed to get past Nakayama to finish seventh. Martin Rump, who is taking part in the championship for the first time, won the race ahead of Marchy Lee and Rahel Frey.
2016 marks Aditya Patel's second season in the Audi R8 LMS Cup
Patel started Race 2 eighth on the grid and managed to make up two places before crossing the line. This race was won by Frey, while Picariello and Yoong took second and third place respectively.
"It was definitely a tough weekend for me but in the end, I feel like I've learned a lot about the new car and am ready to take the positives to Thailand for Round 2! Huge thanks to Audi India, Audi China, JK Tyres and Jubilant Motorworks for making this season possible!" said Patel after the Race 2.
Currently ranked seventh after the first two races at Shanghai
Patel currently stands seventh in the overall classification, while Frey leads the scoreboard with 40 points. Round 2 of the 2016 Audi R8 LMS Cup will be held at Buriram, Thailand on July 16 and 17, and we'll keep you posted on how he fares.
Starts Rs 2.55 Crore
- NewsLive updates: 2020 Toyota Urban Cruiser launch, prices, specs, details, variants, engines and features unveiled
- NewsThree lakh units production milestone achieved for the Tata Tiago
- NewsDucati Scrambler 1100 Pro BSVI launched in India, prices start from Rs. 11.95 lakh
- NewsTata Altroz diesel now more affordable with Rs 40,000 price cut
- NewsVolkswagen's first electric SUV, the ID.4, will include 3-years of free fast charging in the US