2016 Audi RS7 Performance to be launched in India in October
The Audi RS7 Sportback presently makes 560PS and 700Nm of torque, which are surely insane numbers by itself, but Audi doesn't seem to agree with it. Audi India will launch the faster and more powerful RS7 Sportback Performance edition in October this year. The Performance edition made its first public appearance in India at the 2016 Auto Expo.
Strapped under the hood is a re-tuned version of the same 4.0-litre V8 which generates additional torque due to an overboost function for a temporary period. The petrol motor now makes a maximum of 605PS of power and 750Nm of torque. It can do a claimed 0 to 100kmph in 3.7 seconds, 0.2 seconds faster than the standard and will reach an electronically limited top whack of 250kmph. Despite these performance figures, Audi states that the RS7 Performance can deliver 12.32kmpl. We have already driven it and will be putting our Audi RS7 Performance review shortly.
The RS7 Performance retains the design from its regular sibling. The sleek Matrix headlights, single-frame radiator grille and the large air scoops placed on the extreme ends of the bumper along with the lip spoiler make the RS7 Performance look a bit distinct from the other models in the line-up. The cabin design remains unchanged except for the update in the MMI system and a drive select toggle button positioned on the steering wheel.
We expect Audi to price the RS7 Sportback Performance in the range of Rs 1.6-1.8 crore, ex-showroom. Upon its launch in India, the faster Audi RS7 will lock horns with BMW M5 and the Mercedes-Benz E63 AMG. The other launch that is expected from the Audi stable is the refreshed Q3 which will get subtle cosmetic additions.
Starts Rs 1.47 Crore
Starts Rs 1.36 Crore
Team OD | 12 Feb 2018
- NewsImage gallery: Mahindra Thar Wanderlust SUV at the 2018 Auto Expo
- NewsImage gallery: Honda Sports EV concept at the Auto Expo 2018
- NewsImage gallery: Tata Tigor and Tiago JTP showcased at 2018 Auto Expo
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 Yamaha YZF-R15 v3
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 Yamaha YZF-R6
- NewsImage gallery: Yamaha MT-09 Tracer and MT-09 Tracer GT
- NewsImage gallery: Mahindra Stinger concept at the Auto Expo 2018
- NewsAuto Expo 2018: Tamo Racemo showcased, image gallery
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 Honda Civic
- NewsImage gallery: Yamaha MT-10