2016 Auto Budget: We welcome Governments decision to amend the Motor Vehicle Act, says Nissan India
The Union Budget 2016 has continued with the government's focus on maintaining fiscal deficit, agriculture, infrastructure development and recapitalizing of PSU banks. The Budget gives special focus on the economy at the grass-root level which will have an overall positive impact in the long run. Additionally, we also welcome Government's decision to amend the Motor Vehicle Act in passenger vehicle segment to allow innovation. This, coupled with a focus on infrastructure will help improve the overall public transport in the country.
There is not much for Auto industry in this budget. Infrastructure cess increase up to 4 per cent on passenger vehicles will definitely have an impact on the prices. We do not foresee that to be a major burden for small car buyers but the luxury cars and SUVs will feel the heat. We are still trying to understand the modalities of collection of TDS of 1 per cent on more than 10 lakh priced cars. Further, curbing incentives on in-house R&D spends from 200 per cent to 150 per cent is not very positive. There is no presentation on roadmap for GST implementation, additional incentives for Electric Vehicles and Hybrids under FAME scheme and the plan for Vehicle Scrappage scheme which is damper.
- NewsHarley-Davidson India rolls out new Street to Softail trade-in offer
- NewsKerala floods: Nissan India offers service support to affected customers
- NewsHero MotoCorp re-enters used two-wheeler business with Hero Sure in India
- NewsMaruti Suzuki Ciaz facelift to get more safety features
- NewsTata Nexon compact SUV crosses the 50,000 production mark
- NewsAutomobili Pininfarina PF0 all-electric concept hypercar interior revealed
- NewsPorsche Panamera Turbo S E-Hybrid sets lap records at six racetracks including BIC
- NewsMercedes-Benz India and its dealers donate Rs 30 lakh to the CM's relief fund in Kerala
- NewsAtacama Rally 2018: Hero MotoSports' Oriol Mena finishes Stage 2 in 10th place, Joaquim Rodrigues 15th
- NewsIndia Baja 2018: CS Santosh to lead charge for Hero Motosport Team Rally