2016 Auto Expo: 125PS Fiat Linea 125S unveiled
The Fiat Linea has been in the market for quite a while now, and when it had launched back in 2009, it was the first car in its class to run a turbocharged petrol engine. Today, at the 2016 Auto Expo, Fiat unveiled an new version called the Linea 125S. This car gets Fiat's updated 1.4-litre turbocharged T-Jet petrol engine which, as the name suggests, makes 125PS. Its power peaks at 5,000rpm while the 210Nm of torque peaks at 2,200rpm. The engine itself isn't all new as it is just a retuned version of the 1.4-litre T-Jet seen in a lot of their cars like the Punto Abarth and the 595 Competizione. This motor is mated to a 5-speed gearbox, which we certainly hope is a lot better than the ones we've seen in the other Fiats.
The Linea will be available only in one colour, Saffire Blue, along with the black 16-inch alloys. Features in the new Linea 125S include a 5-inch touchscreen infotainment system, cruise control, rain sensing wipers, auto headlamps, ABS with EBD and dual airbags. This car is expected to be launched in India by mid-2016.
For more from OVERDRIVE on the Auto Expo 2016, click here
Starts Rs 7.06 Lakhs
- Review2019 Nissan Kicks first drive review
- News2019 Land Rover Discovery Sport launched in India at Rs 44.68 lakh, more powerful diesel option added
- NewsImage gallery: Koeniggsegg Regera KNC
- NewsHonda X-Blade launched with ABS at Rs 87,776
- NewsThis is the most outrageous Koenigsegg Regera hypercar yet
- News2019 BMW X4 coupe-SUV spotted testing in India, launch early next year
- NewsAutomobili Pininfarina's 1900PS hypercar will be called Battista
- NewsNissan Kicks SUV bookings to open on December 14
- NewsDiscounts of up to Rs 50,000 offered on BMW G 310 R and G 310 GS
- NewsIndian FTR 1200 launched in India at Rs 14.99 lakh, deliveries April 2019 onwards