2016 Auto Expo: 2016 Audi A4 showcased
With Mercedes ruling the chart in the luxury sedan segment with its all new C-Class and Jaguar launching the much awaited XE, Audi has been falling a step behind the competition. But not anymore. Audi has just unveiled the all new A4.
The new A4 is ground up all new with a larger footprint, something that is highly necessary considering the increase in size among its rivals. It is now built on the MLB platform and uses a hybrid steel and aluminium chassis. The car also gets Audi's new design language. This means that the A4 is now a lot sharper looking with it striking new LED lamps that are unique to the A4. The hexagonal grille is now a lot more prominent like in the new Q7 and also carries forward the family look. The sides now have a more sloping roof but continues the minimalistic styling cues of the previous car. The rear, again, gets the new LED lights that look like an evolution of the outgoing model. The new design also makes the car the most aerodynamic A4 ever.
The A4 gets an all new interior, which is minimalistic yet stylish. It gets the all digital instrument cluster the Virtual Cockpit. There is also a new gear selector similar to the newer Audis. The increased wheelbase and track also mean more space inside, especially rear knee room.
For India there will be a 2.0-litre TDI (148PS) and a 1.8-litre TSI, both mated to the 7-speed DSG gearbox, a first on a FWD Audi.
The new Audi A4 is expected to arrive in India by the end of 2016.
For more information from OVERDRIVE on the 2016 Auto Expo, click here
Starts Rs 38.4 Lakhs
- FeaturesMeeting the Tribe(r): Renault Triber South Africa launch
- NewsUpcoming Tata Altroz 1.2-litre turbo-petrol spotted testing in India
- News2020 Hyundai Grand i10 Nios Turbo launched in India, prices start at Rs 7.68 lakh
- News2020 Honda Africa Twin to be launched on March 5 in India
- NewsBMW X5M and X6M performance SUVs to launch in India by September 2020
- Digitek Launches its Battery for Sony, the F-960/F-970 MU
- Digitek Introduces the DUC-008 Battery Charger
- Digitek Unveils its latest Softbox, the DSBH-055