2016 Auto Expo: 2016 Chevrolet Camaro SS to be showcased
Chevrolet in addition to a slew of vehicles of all sorts and segments, will also be showcasing the Camaro SS, an iconic muscle car at the Auto Expo. Clubbed in the same segment as the Mustang, the Camaro is powered by a big block V8 that develops 455 horsepower. If the Mustang turns out to be a success, it would make a good case for Chevrolet to introduce the Camaro here as well.
For those with little knowledge of the Camaro, think Bumblebee from the epic blockbuster Hollywood film, the Transformers. The yellow car with the twin black racing stripes running down the centre, that's the Camaro. Historically the Camaro was first introduced in 1967 to go up against the Ford Mustang, so the relationship these two cars share goes back to nearly 5 decades.
Updated recently in May 2015, the 6th generation Camaro SS is nearly 100 kilos lighter than the previous generation car. There are three engine variants of the Camaro, the SS though has the top of the line full fat V8 that displaces 6.2-litres. It's a front engine rear wheel drive setup but with several electronics to keep its edge sharp.
It would be interesting to follow the fortunes of the Ford Mustang to see if it inspires Chevrolet India to offer the Camaro here as well.
Starts Rs 71.62 Lakhs
- NewsIsuzu India announces cricketer Jonty Rhodes as new brand ambassador for D-Max V-Cross
- NewsHonda Navi crosses one lakh sales mark
- NewsMaruti Suzuki increases prices of all its models in India
- Review2018 Suzuki Burgman Street road test review
- NewsYamaha YZF-R15 Moto GP limited edition and new colour options for Yamaha FZS-Fi launched at Rs 1.3 lakh and Rs 87,042
- NewsNext-gen Hyundai Santro design sketch unveiled, to launch in October 2018
- NewsSportier Toyota Yaris TRD Sportivo shown at GIIAS 2018
- News2018 Bajaj Pulsar NS160 with rear disc brake priced at Rs 82,630
- NewsUpcoming Mahindra Marazzo MPV cabin revealed, available in 7 and 8 seater layouts
- NewsBenelli Imperiale 400 to be launched in India by mid-2019