2016 Auto Expo: 2016 Toyota Prius coming to India
Toyota are one of the foremost manufacturers when it comes to environmentally friendly offerings. They were one of the first in India to launch a hybrid car, the Prius followed by the Camry hybrid. Now at the Auto Expo 2016 Toyota India will showcase the new 2016 Prius which receives several upgrades.
The fouth-gen Prius looks much cleaner, a bit more contemporary though don't expect to look any less quirkier than it did before
Chief among these is the increase in fuel efficiency to nearly 40kmpl which is what Toyota India will be claiming. That may not sound like a lot but that increase requires several engineering revisions. These primarily include a drop in weight, aerodynamic enhancements and an improved hybrid system.
The new Prius also has several cosmetic changes incorporated both exterior and interior. Some additions however aren't just cosmetic. The grille for instance houses active shutters that controls airflow and reduces aerodynamic drag. The single largest change in the interiors is the shift in location of the instrument display which like in the Etios is now above the centre console. Overall the Prius looks much cleaner, a bit more contemporary though don't expect to look any less quirkier than it did before.
Expect Toyota to launch the new Prius sometime in the middle of the year.
Starts Rs 45.23 Lakhs
Team OD | 19 Feb 2018
- NewsF2 2018: Arjun Maini signs with Trident for FIA Formula 2 Championship
- Review2018 TVS Apache RR 310 road test review
- Features2016 Yamaha YZF-R3 long term review: After 12,572km and two years
- NewsPorsche discontinues diesel, to focus on EVs and hybrids
- News721PS/770Nm Ferrari 488 Pista comes with the most powerful V8 built by the company
- NewsTriumph Bonneville Speedmaster to launch in India on February 27, 2018
- NewsAuto Expo 2018: Mahindra KUV100 Adventure Edition image gallery
- NewsGeneva Motor Show: Tata 45X based sedan teased
- NewsAuto Expo 2018: Hyundai Elite i20 facelift image gallery
- NewsImage gallery: Yamaha Motoroid concept