2016 Auto Expo: 2016 Toyota Prius coming to India
Toyota are one of the foremost manufacturers when it comes to environmentally friendly offerings. They were one of the first in India to launch a hybrid car, the Prius followed by the Camry hybrid. Now at the Auto Expo 2016 Toyota India will showcase the new 2016 Prius which receives several upgrades.
The fouth-gen Prius looks much cleaner, a bit more contemporary though don't expect to look any less quirkier than it did before
Chief among these is the increase in fuel efficiency to nearly 40kmpl which is what Toyota India will be claiming. That may not sound like a lot but that increase requires several engineering revisions. These primarily include a drop in weight, aerodynamic enhancements and an improved hybrid system.
The new Prius also has several cosmetic changes incorporated both exterior and interior. Some additions however aren't just cosmetic. The grille for instance houses active shutters that controls airflow and reduces aerodynamic drag. The single largest change in the interiors is the shift in location of the instrument display which like in the Etios is now above the centre console. Overall the Prius looks much cleaner, a bit more contemporary though don't expect to look any less quirkier than it did before.
Expect Toyota to launch the new Prius sometime in the middle of the year.
Starts Rs 45.09 Lakhs
Team OD | 14 Feb 2019
- News2019 Honda CBR650R will be sold through Honda's 22 Wing World dealerships in India
- NewsHonda CBR650R bookings open in India, to be priced under Rs 8 lakh
- News2020 Range Rover Evoque spied in India
- News2019 Geneva Motor Show: 2020 Ssangyong Korando SUV revealed
- NewsMG Motor to launch eZS electric SUV in India by end-2019
- The Forum Art Gallery Residency
- The Hindu Photojournalism Awards
- Book Review: The Red Cat and Other Stories | Ritesh Uttamchandani