2016 Auto Expo: 2016 Toyota Prius coming to India
Toyota are one of the foremost manufacturers when it comes to environmentally friendly offerings. They were one of the first in India to launch a hybrid car, the Prius followed by the Camry hybrid. Now at the Auto Expo 2016 Toyota India will showcase the new 2016 Prius which receives several upgrades.
The fouth-gen Prius looks much cleaner, a bit more contemporary though don't expect to look any less quirkier than it did before
Chief among these is the increase in fuel efficiency to nearly 40kmpl which is what Toyota India will be claiming. That may not sound like a lot but that increase requires several engineering revisions. These primarily include a drop in weight, aerodynamic enhancements and an improved hybrid system.
The new Prius also has several cosmetic changes incorporated both exterior and interior. Some additions however aren't just cosmetic. The grille for instance houses active shutters that controls airflow and reduces aerodynamic drag. The single largest change in the interiors is the shift in location of the instrument display which like in the Etios is now above the centre console. Overall the Prius looks much cleaner, a bit more contemporary though don't expect to look any less quirkier than it did before.
Expect Toyota to launch the new Prius sometime in the middle of the year.
Starts Rs 45.09 Lakhs
- NewsF1: 2018 will be Fernando Alonso's last season in Formula 1
- NewsIndia Baja 2018: TVS Racing announces six-rider line-up
- News2018 Msports X30 Karting Championship: Shahan Ali Mohsin overcomes early upsets to win in Junior category
- NewsBMW M2 Competition set to debut in India soon
- News2019 Honda HR-V crossover facelift unveiled, to be powered by 1.5-litre i-VTEC
- NewsLiberty Walk transforms the Suzuki Jimmy into a mini G-Class
- NewsBMW X7 flagship SUV shows its off roading capabilty in new teaser
- News2019 Kawasaki Ninja H2 gets more power, Brembo Stylema calipers and a self healing paint
- NewsBajaj Pulsar NS160 with rear disc brakes spotted at dealership
- NewsToyota Rush SUV to launch in Pakistan soon, India launch next?