2016 Auto Expo: All-new Nissan X-Trail showcased
The X-Trail nameplate isn't new in India. Two generations of the popular soft-roader have been launched in India earlier. It was, in fact, the first Nissan offering in India when it rolled out over a decade ago. However, the all-new generation model didn't roll out after its international launch in 2013. The wait will finally end and we will soon see the X-Trail on Indian roads. Nissan has also confirmed that India will get the Hybrid variant. This makes India the fourth market in the world that will get this variant of the X-Trail.
The X-trail features new age styling influenced by Nissan's new design language and looks very different compared to its predecessors. The SUV was the first Nissan to use the modular CMF platform and is claimed to be lighter despite being larger when compared to the earlier generation model.
The X-Trail will feature a special 2.0-litre MR20DD hybrid motor that is claimed to offer performance similar to the 2.5-litre NA petrol motor. Max power is a claimed 147PS and 207Nm. A high-output lithium-ion battery adds another 41PS and 160Nm of torque making the X-Trail one of the most powerful SUVs in its class. The X-Trail Hybrid may also be offered as a 7-seater making it more appealing for the Indian market. Nissan is expected to use the CBU route like before. The Nissan X-Trail is expected to be priced between Rs 35-37 lakh and it will go up against the Hyundai SantaFe and Honda CR-V.
For more from OVERDRIVE on the Auto Expo 2016, click here
Starts Rs 22.29 Lakhs
Team OD | 19 Feb 2018
- NewsF2 2018: Arjun Maini signs with Trident for FIA Formula 2 Championship
- Review2018 TVS Apache RR 310 road test review
- Features2016 Yamaha YZF-R3 long term review: After 12,572km and two years
- NewsPorsche discontinues diesel, to focus on EVs and hybrids
- News721PS/770Nm Ferrari 488 Pista comes with the most powerful V8 built by the company
- NewsTriumph Bonneville Speedmaster to launch in India on February 27, 2018
- NewsAuto Expo 2018: Mahindra KUV100 Adventure Edition image gallery
- NewsGeneva Motor Show: Tata 45X based sedan teased
- NewsAuto Expo 2018: Hyundai Elite i20 facelift image gallery
- NewsImage gallery: Yamaha Motoroid concept