2016 Auto Expo: Audi showcases the SQ5 SUV
Among the many cars on display at the Audi stand in the 2016 Auto Expo was the SQ5 SUV. As the name suggests, this is a high powered, sportier version of the Q5 SUV.
We drove the original SQ5 back in 2012 in Germany but it was a very different car back then, packing a more powerful twin turbo version of the single turbo 3.0-litre V6 diesel that's currently available in the A8 and Q7. That motor made 313PS and a punchy 650Nm of torque. It was the first Audi S model to feature a diesel engine and debuted the twin turbo diesel V6.
Since then, Audi has moved on to petrol power for the Audi SQ5 and the car shown at the 2016 Auto Expo runs a 3.0-litre supercharged V6 petrol similar to the one in the Audi S5 Sportback we drove last year. In this state of tune, the engine makes 354PS at 6,000-6,500rpm and 470Nm from 4,000-4,500rpm. So basically more power than before but at a loss of nearly 200Nm of torque. An 8-speed automatic handles transmission duties and Quattro all-wheel drive is standard.
Like with the S3 Cabriolet, Audi says there are no plans of an India launch just yet, but we won't be surprised to see the car go in sale here sometime later this year. Expect a price tag of well over Rs 70 lakh if and when it does.
For more from OVERDRIVE on the Auto Expo 2016, click here
Starts Rs 53.25 Lakhs
Starts Rs 70.6 Lakhs
- NewsAtacama Rally 2018: Hero MotoSports' Oriol Mena finishes Stage 2 in 10th place, Joaquim Rodrigues 15th
- NewsIndia Baja 2018: CS Santosh to lead charge for Hero Motosport Team Rally
- NewsIsuzu India announces cricketer Jonty Rhodes as new brand ambassador for D-Max V-Cross
- NewsHonda Navi crosses one lakh sales mark
- NewsMaruti Suzuki increases prices of all its models in India
- Review2018 Suzuki Burgman Street road test review
- NewsYamaha YZF-R15 Moto GP limited edition and new colour options for Yamaha FZS-Fi launched at Rs 1.3 lakh and Rs 87,042
- NewsNext-gen Hyundai Santro design sketch unveiled, to launch in October 2018
- NewsSportier Toyota Yaris TRD Sportivo shown at GIIAS 2018
- News2018 Bajaj Pulsar NS160 with rear disc brake priced at Rs 82,630