2016 Auto Expo: Audi showcases the SQ5 SUV
Among the many cars on display at the Audi stand in the 2016 Auto Expo was the SQ5 SUV. As the name suggests, this is a high powered, sportier version of the Q5 SUV.
We drove the original SQ5 back in 2012 in Germany but it was a very different car back then, packing a more powerful twin turbo version of the single turbo 3.0-litre V6 diesel that's currently available in the A8 and Q7. That motor made 313PS and a punchy 650Nm of torque. It was the first Audi S model to feature a diesel engine and debuted the twin turbo diesel V6.
Since then, Audi has moved on to petrol power for the Audi SQ5 and the car shown at the 2016 Auto Expo runs a 3.0-litre supercharged V6 petrol similar to the one in the Audi S5 Sportback we drove last year. In this state of tune, the engine makes 354PS at 6,000-6,500rpm and 470Nm from 4,000-4,500rpm. So basically more power than before but at a loss of nearly 200Nm of torque. An 8-speed automatic handles transmission duties and Quattro all-wheel drive is standard.
Like with the S3 Cabriolet, Audi says there are no plans of an India launch just yet, but we won't be surprised to see the car go in sale here sometime later this year. Expect a price tag of well over Rs 70 lakh if and when it does.
For more from OVERDRIVE on the Auto Expo 2016, click here
Starts Rs 53.25 Lakhs
Starts Rs 70.6 Lakhs
- NewsCoronavirus impact: Olectra Greentech contributes to the PM CARES fund in the fight against Coronavirus pandemic
- NewsHonda Car India revamps its line-up with BSVI transition
- NewsIndia car sales analysis: March 2020
- NewsF1 2020 shutdown could be extended by several weeks
- NewsMotoGP: Andrea Iannone gets 18-month ban for failing drug test
- Digitek Launches its Battery for Sony, the F-960/F-970 MU
- Digitek Introduces the DUC-008 Battery Charger
- Digitek Unveils its latest Softbox, the DSBH-055