2016 Auto Expo: Audi showcases S3 Cabriolet
Last year, Audi took the brave step of launching the A3 Cabriolet in India, making them the only manufacturer to offer a convertible based on a sedan in that segment. Now, the company has shown the spicier S3 version of the A3 Cabriolet at the 2016 Auto Expo that offers the same style but with a lot more substance.
Powering the S3 is a 2.0-litre four cylinder turbocharged petrol engine that makes 300PS and 380Nm which is sent to all four wheels via a 6-speed dual clutch transmission. That makes it a far more potent machine than the 180PS front wheel drive A3 Cabriolet that is currently available.
Expect Audi to launch the S3 Cabriolet some time in 2016 at a price considerably higher than the current A3 Cabriolet's Rs 44.75 lakh mark and some where close to the Rs 62.95 lakh S5 Sportback
For more from OVERDRIVE on the Auto Expo 2016, click here
- NewsLive updates: BMW G 310 R and G 310 GS launch in India
- News2018 Porsche Macan SUV facelift teased during high-altitude testing
- NewsEXCLUSIVE: BMW G 310 R and BMW G 310 GS to be priced at Rs 2.75 lakh and Rs 3.4 lakh in India respectively
- Features2018 Yamaha YZF-R15: Four things you'll love and two things that you won't
- NewsBest deals on car tyres right now
- NewsAudi Q3 and Audi Q7 SUVs launched in new 'Design Edition' trims
- NewsDiscounts of up to 50 per cent on motorcycle tyres in India
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 BMW G 310 R
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 BMW G 310 GS
- NewsTata Nexon AMT option launched in XM mid-range trim in India at Rs 7.50 lakh