2016 Auto Expo: Audi showcases S3 Cabriolet
Last year, Audi took the brave step of launching the A3 Cabriolet in India, making them the only manufacturer to offer a convertible based on a sedan in that segment. Now, the company has shown the spicier S3 version of the A3 Cabriolet at the 2016 Auto Expo that offers the same style but with a lot more substance.
Powering the S3 is a 2.0-litre four cylinder turbocharged petrol engine that makes 300PS and 380Nm which is sent to all four wheels via a 6-speed dual clutch transmission. That makes it a far more potent machine than the 180PS front wheel drive A3 Cabriolet that is currently available.
Expect Audi to launch the S3 Cabriolet some time in 2016 at a price considerably higher than the current A3 Cabriolet's Rs 44.75 lakh mark and some where close to the Rs 62.95 lakh S5 Sportback
For more from OVERDRIVE on the Auto Expo 2016, click here
- Review2019 Nissan Kicks first drive review
- News2019 Land Rover Discovery Sport launched in India at Rs 44.68 lakh, more powerful diesel option added
- NewsImage gallery: Koeniggsegg Regera KNC
- NewsHonda X-Blade launched with ABS at Rs 87,776
- NewsThis is the most outrageous Koenigsegg Regera hypercar yet
- News2019 BMW X4 coupe-SUV spotted testing in India, launch early next year
- NewsAutomobili Pininfarina's 1900PS hypercar will be called Battista
- NewsNissan Kicks SUV bookings to open on December 14
- NewsDiscounts of up to Rs 50,000 offered on BMW G 310 R and G 310 GS
- NewsIndian FTR 1200 launched in India at Rs 14.99 lakh, deliveries April 2019 onwards