2016 Auto Expo: Audi showcases S3 Cabriolet
Last year, Audi took the brave step of launching the A3 Cabriolet in India, making them the only manufacturer to offer a convertible based on a sedan in that segment. Now, the company has shown the spicier S3 version of the A3 Cabriolet at the 2016 Auto Expo that offers the same style but with a lot more substance.
Powering the S3 is a 2.0-litre four cylinder turbocharged petrol engine that makes 300PS and 380Nm which is sent to all four wheels via a 6-speed dual clutch transmission. That makes it a far more potent machine than the 180PS front wheel drive A3 Cabriolet that is currently available.
Expect Audi to launch the S3 Cabriolet some time in 2016 at a price considerably higher than the current A3 Cabriolet's Rs 44.75 lakh mark and some where close to the Rs 62.95 lakh S5 Sportback
For more from OVERDRIVE on the Auto Expo 2016, click here
- FeaturesMeeting the Tribe(r): Renault Triber South Africa launch
- NewsUpcoming Tata Altroz 1.2-litre turbo-petrol spotted testing in India
- News2020 Hyundai Grand i10 Nios Turbo launched in India, prices start at Rs 7.68 lakh
- News2020 Honda Africa Twin to be launched on March 5 in India
- NewsBMW X5M and X6M performance SUVs to launch in India by September 2020
- Digitek Launches its Battery for Sony, the F-960/F-970 MU
- Digitek Introduces the DUC-008 Battery Charger
- Digitek Unveils its latest Softbox, the DSBH-055