2016 Auto Expo: BMW launch the new 7 Series in India at Rs 1.1 crore
BMW India has launched the all new 7-Series in India at a starting price of Rs 1.1 crore for the Design Pure Excellence variant. The M Sport version is priced at Rs 1.5 crore, ex-showroom pan India.
There are two engine options, the diesel 730Ld and the petrol 750Li. The three litre six cylinder diesel produces 265PS and 620Nm@2,000 to 2,500rpm. The petrol unit displaces 4.4-litres and develops 450PS and 650Nm@1,800 to 4,500 rpm.
While the diesel variants are locally produced, customers can also opt for a CBU 730Ld. The CBU units can be personalised to a customer's individual tastes. The petrol BMW 750Li in both Design Pure Excellence and M Sport will be imported as CBUs with the option to customise them too.
The new sixth generation BMW 7 Series features a Carbon Core body that makes the car over 130kgs lighter than its predecessor. It also gets the latest in BMW's gizmos such as Laser headlights, gesture control, BMW Touch Command System, BMW display Key and Remote Control Parking. The driver can park the 7 Series in tight spaces without being in the car by using the touchscreen on the key. The new BMW 7 Series also has a panoramic glass roof which the company calls as sky lounge. It has over 15,000 light elements that creates the right ambience, says BMW.
BMW adds that the two-axle air suspension automatically adjusts the ride height of the car irrespective of the load being carried.
The new BMW 7-Series will be available in showrooms soon. We have driven the car in the US and can't wait to see how it performs in India.
For more information from OVERDRIVE on the 2016 Auto Expo, click here
Starts Rs 1.2 Crore
- NewsIsuzu India announces cricketer Jonty Rhodes as new brand ambassador for D-Max V-Cross
- NewsHonda Navi crosses one lakh sales mark
- NewsMaruti Suzuki increases prices of all its models in India
- Review2018 Suzuki Burgman Street road test review
- NewsYamaha YZF-R15 Moto GP limited edition and new colour options for Yamaha FZS-Fi launched at Rs 1.3 lakh and Rs 87,042
- NewsNext-gen Hyundai Santro design sketch unveiled, to launch in October 2018
- NewsSportier Toyota Yaris TRD Sportivo shown at GIIAS 2018
- News2018 Bajaj Pulsar NS160 with rear disc brake priced at Rs 82,630
- NewsUpcoming Mahindra Marazzo MPV cabin revealed, available in 7 and 8 seater layouts
- NewsBenelli Imperiale 400 to be launched in India by mid-2019