2016 Auto Expo: BMW launches the new X1 in India at Rs 29.9 lakh
BMW India launched the new X1 at the 2016 Auto Expo in India at Rs 29.9 lakh. The top variant is priced at Rs 39.9 lakh, ex-showroom pan-India . The new BMW X1 will be available in three trims which includes Expedition, xLine and the top spec M Sport. Of this, the xLine is available with optional all-wheel drive while the M Sport gets it as standard. Bookings for the X1 have opened and BMW says that deliveries will begin in April. The petrol variants will be launched in the later part of 2016.
The BMW X1 has grown in size over its predecessor which in turn liberates more interior space and leg room over its predecessor. The new X1 also gets the latest generation of BMW's 2-litre TwinPower Turbo engine that produces 190PS and 400Nm. When mated to the 8-speed Steptronic transmission, BMW claims that the new X1 will do the 0-100kmph run in 7.8s (Expedition, xLine) and 7.6s for the M Sport trim.
BMW new xDrive all wheel drive system responds to changing road conditions. This is the first BMW X1 to use a front wheel drive platform. There are many new features added to the new BMW X1 for India. This includes LED headlamps, Dynamic Stability Control, Cornering Brake Control and Side Impact Protection amongst others. BMW also offers the emergency spare wheel now as standard on the new X1.
For more information from OVERDRIVE on the 2016 Auto Expo, click here
Starts Rs 34.5 Lakhs
- NewsDaimler India will launch 50 products in domestic as well as international markets
- NewsSwapping stakes in KTM for a reasonable share in Pierer Industries on cards for Bajaj
- News2019 Hero Xpulse 200 spotted uncamouflaged ahead of its official launch
- FeaturesRacedecade: Celebrating 10 years of racing for VW Motorsport India
- NewsAvan Trend E electric scooter launched in India at Rs 56,900