2016 Auto Expo: BMW to launch new 7 Series and X1
BMW India is all set to showcase the new 7 Series and the new X1 at the Auto Expo 2016 in Greater Noida next week. The launch of the 7 Series is much more anticipated now as Jaguar India has already launched the new XJ for India.
The new BMW 7 Series is 90kg lighter but marginally larger and loaded with more equipment than its predecessor. The car is available in three variants worldwide the 750Li petrol, the 740Li petrol and the 730Ld diesel. The 730Ld diesel is likely to be the more popular choice in India. It will come with an 265PS/620Nm 3.0-litre six-cylinder diesel engine.
The BMW X1 has not seen any major update since its launch in 2009. It is now larger and taller than its predecessor. The LED headlights and grille are new on the X1 as well as the wraparound LED tail lamps. The new X1 will come with front wheel drive option only for now. The SUV will be offered in one petrol and three diesel variants, with all variants being powered by BMW's 2.0-litre TwinPower turbo engines that put out 150PS of power.
Retired cricket legend Sachin Tendulkar will also be present at the BMW pavilion for the launch of the new BMW 7 Series and X1. Apart from these the new BMW 3 Series which has recently been launched will also be showcased at the expo. The new 3 Series gets a fresh face with reworked LED headlamps and reworked LED lamps at the rear as well. The 1995cc diesel engine has been retained from previous generation but performance has gone up to 190PS/400Nm.
Aside from the new 7 Series and the new X1, the BMW pavilion at the Auto Expo 2016 will also showcase their entire India lineup. For the first time, BMW Motorrad will be officially announcing its entry into India at the Auto Expo. The full complement of motorcycles from the German manufacturer is expected to be showcased as well.
Starts Rs 1.22 Crore
Starts Rs 35.9 Lakhs
Starts Rs 41.4 Lakhs
- FeaturesAll you need to know about motor insurance
- NewsCoronavirus impact: Toyota announces customer connect program
- NewsCoronavirus impact: Ford to manufacture 50,000 ventilators in 100 days
- NewsCoronavirus impact: Could EICMA and INTERMOT be compromised by the global pandemic?
- NewsCoronavirus impact: Tesla Model 3 and Model S parts being used to make ventilators
- Digitek Launches its Battery for Sony, the F-960/F-970 MU
- Digitek Introduces the DUC-008 Battery Charger
- Digitek Unveils its latest Softbox, the DSBH-055