2016 Auto Expo: FCA to launch Jeep in India on 3 February, 2016
Fiat Chrysler Automobiles has officially confirmed that the Jeep brand will be launched in India at the 2016 Auto Expo in Greater Noida. Jeep will showcase the Wrangler and Grand Cherokee at the Expo, on 3 February, 2016, while the launch of these vehicles is scheduled for later this year. The company has already given a preview of these two vehicles in Bangalore for its prospective clients. Fiat Chrysler Automobiles has also decided to make India its hub (you can read more about that here) for manufacturing all of Jeep's right-hand drive vehicles.
Internationally, the Jeep Grand Cherokee is offered with three engine variants a 5.7-litre V8 petrol that makes 360PS and 529Nm, a 290PS 3.6-litre Pentastar V6 petrol and the more frugal 240PS 3.0-litre V6 Ecodiesel. All three engines come mated to an eight-speed automatic transmission. The Jeep Wrangler gets a slightly detuned version of the same 3.6-litre Pentastar V6 petrol from the Grand Cherokee, which makes 285PS. This Jeep's engine however, is mated to a five-speed automatic transmission unlike the Grand Cherokee. The Wrangler is also equipped with Dana 44 solid axles and electronic-locking differentials to handle offroad duties.
For more information on what will be displayed at the 2016 Auto Expo, click here.
Also from OVERDRIVE on Jeep:
Starts Rs 75.15 Lakhs
Starts Rs 56 Lakhs
- News2018 Aston Martin Vantage to be launched in India today
- NewsRetro-themed Peugeot e-Legend concept EV breaks cover
- OpinionOn the joys and hardships of motorsport writing...
- Review2018 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 first ride review
- News2018 Ford Aspire facelift bookings open in India ahead of launch
- NewsMotoGP 2018: Marc Marquez claims Aragon GP victory
- NewsTVS StaR City+ launched in new grey-black paint option at Rs 52,907
- NewsSkoda appoints Pavel Richter as production technical director of its India 2.0 project
- NewsImage gallery: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650 riding gear and apparel
- NewsImage gallery: Royal Enfield Continental GT 650 and Interceptor 650 accessories