2016 Auto Expo: GM unveils the Chevrolet Essentia
GM has just unveiled the Chevrolet Essentia and the Beat Activ at the 2016 Auto Expo, here in Delhi. The Essentia is a sub-four metre sedan that uses the M300 platform used in the current generation Chevrolet Beat. The Chevrolet Essentia is meant only for the Indian market, which means that its design is heavily influenced by GM's design team in India.
According to Michael Simcoe, the vice president of design at GM International, " The Essentia and Beat Activ perfectly represent the evolution of the Chevrolet brand they are distinctive, aspirational, modern and progressive. The Essentia is refined and sophisticated, while the Beat Activ is young, more aggressive and spirited. These vehicles demonstrate how we design global cars, ensuring they are tailored to meet local tastes."
According to the company, the Chevrolet Essentia showcases GM's new design language. This car features Cherolet's MyLink2 system, which offers Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. On the safety front the Essentia features dual airbags and ABS. On the outside, the Chevrolet Essentia bears resemblance to the current generation beat, but gets a new front fascia and a boot. The interior of the Essentia is also heavily inspired by the current generation Beat. It gets a dual tone finish, with leather inserts instead of the Piano Black inserts seen in the Beat. Another thing we did notice was that the rear knee room looked a little crammed.
Chevrolet hasn't given any information on the engine specifications here at the Auto Expo 2016. However, we do know that the Chevrolet Essentia is slotted for a 2017 launch and will add to the already large number of sub-four metre sedans in the market.
For more news on the 2016 Auto Expo, click here.
Starts Rs 4.32 Lakhs
- FeaturesBuying a used big bike in india: 10 things that you should look for
- NewsFive car features that actually work
- FeaturesAll you need to know about motor insurance
- NewsCoronavirus impact: Toyota announces customer connect program
- NewsCoronavirus impact: Ford to manufacture 50,000 ventilators in 100 days
- Digitek Launches its Battery for Sony, the F-960/F-970 MU
- Digitek Introduces the DUC-008 Battery Charger
- Digitek Unveils its latest Softbox, the DSBH-055