2016 Auto Expo highlights: Tata, Fiat, Honda, Hyundai, Jeep and JLR
The Indian carmaker's exhibits at the Auto Expo 2016 included the Nexon compact SUV in a production-ready form, the Hexa mpv, Zica Aktiv and the Sport. Scroll down to see more.
Fiat reintroduced the Punto with the 'Pure' moniker at Rs 4.49 lakh. In addition, Fiat showcased the Urban Cross and the Linea 125S at the 2016 Auto Expo. The Urban Cross will be officially launched in the third quarter while the Linea 125S arrives by the second quarter of this year.
Honda previewed two most relevant cars for the Indian market, the BR-V and the Accord, at the 2016 Auto Expo. Based on the Mobilio platform, the Honda BR-V will offer the combination of the bold styling of an SUV and the practicality of an MPV. Honda will launch the BR-V by May or June this year while the Accord will hit showrooms in the festive season. Honda also showcased a racing prototype of the Jazz.
The Carlino HND14 compact SUV concept took centre-stage at the Hyundai pavilion. The compact SUV can be expected to make its debut by mid 2017 or early 2018. Hyundai also showcased the Tucson that will hit showrooms between August and October, 2016 and will be priced around Rs 15-20 lakh. The Genesis too was on display primarily to gauge public reaction.
Jeep formally announced its plans of entering the Indian market with the Grand Cherokee, Wrangler and the SRT at the 2016 Auto Expo. These models will be officially launched by mid-2016. The most powerful of the lot, the SRT, is powered by a 6.4-litre motor that makes 470PS of power. In addition, the company also revealed plans of launching an all-new vehicle in 2017, that will be produced at Fiat's Ranjangaon plan.
Jaguar and Land Rover:
Jaguar chose the 2016 Auto Expo as a platform to launch the all-new XE. Priced at Rs 39.90 lakh, the XE is the portfolio range starter and intends to bring volumes. The Jaguar stall also showcased the F-Pace crossover along with the Range Rover SVR.
Starts Rs 7.06 Lakhs
Starts Rs 4.88 Lakhs
Starts Rs 9.45 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.35 Lakhs
Starts Rs 18 Lakhs
Starts Rs 70.67 Lakhs
Starts Rs 35.85 Lakhs
Starts Rs 75.15 Lakhs
Starts Rs 56 Lakhs
Starts Rs 4.65 Lakhs
Starts Rs 12.57 Lakhs
Starts Rs 6.16 Lakhs
- News2018 Raid de Himalaya: Arindam Saikia of Team Polaris crowned overall winner
- News2019 Kawasaki Z650 launched in India at Rs 5.29 lakh
- FeaturesFHVI's Royal Classic Car Drive to Mysore
- NewsKymco enters the Indian electric scooter market with 22 Motors
- NewsMahindra TUV300 facelift in the works, launch next year
- NewsTata Harrier SUV pre-bookings open at Rs 30,000 across India
- NewsImage gallery: India-bound 2019 Yamaha YZF-R3
- NewsDucati Multistrada 1260 Enduro breaks cover
- News2019 Kawasaki Z900 launched in India at Rs 7.68 lakh, same price as earlier
- NewsEXCLUSIVE: KTM India set to launch 125 Duke in India next month?