2016 Auto Expo: Honda Africa Twin unveiled, to launch in India
Honda at their press conference in Auto Expo 2016 announced plans to launch the CRF1000L Africa Twin, a cult all terrain motorcycle. The litre clas motorcycle is well known for its adventurous streak having proved itself in variuous off road events especially, the Dakar.
Honda officially unveils the Africa Twin, commits to launching in India
In India Honda motorcycles will offer the Africa Twin with the recently updated 998cc parallel twin. using a 8-valve valvetrain, the liuid cooled motorcycle also features a lightweight steel semi-double frame.
Honda will be assembling the Africa Twin in India through the CKD route. While a definite timeline hasn't been announced as yet, expect the motorcycle to be launched in India in the second half of 2016. This will be Honda's second Made in India motorcycle following in the footsteps of the CBR.
Team OD | 14 Feb 2019
- News2019 Honda CBR650R will be sold through Honda's 22 Wing World dealerships in India
- NewsHonda CBR650R bookings open in India, to be priced under Rs 8 lakh
- News2020 Range Rover Evoque spied in India
- News2019 Geneva Motor Show: 2020 Ssangyong Korando SUV revealed
- NewsMG Motor to launch eZS electric SUV in India by end-2019
- The Forum Art Gallery Residency
- The Hindu Photojournalism Awards
- Book Review: The Red Cat and Other Stories | Ritesh Uttamchandani