2016 Auto Expo: Honda Africa Twin unveiled, to launch in India
Honda at their press conference in Auto Expo 2016 announced plans to launch the CRF1000L Africa Twin, a cult all terrain motorcycle. The litre clas motorcycle is well known for its adventurous streak having proved itself in variuous off road events especially, the Dakar.
Honda officially unveils the Africa Twin, commits to launching in India
In India Honda motorcycles will offer the Africa Twin with the recently updated 998cc parallel twin. using a 8-valve valvetrain, the liuid cooled motorcycle also features a lightweight steel semi-double frame.
Honda will be assembling the Africa Twin in India through the CKD route. While a definite timeline hasn't been announced as yet, expect the motorcycle to be launched in India in the second half of 2016. This will be Honda's second Made in India motorcycle following in the footsteps of the CBR.
- NewsUpcoming Mahindra Marazzo MPV cabin revealed, available in 7 and 8 seater layouts
- NewsBenelli Imperiale 400 to be launched in India by mid-2019
- NewsUpcoming 2019 Mercedes-Benz GLE-Class interior revealed in new spy images
- NewsF1: 2018 will be Fernando Alonso's last season in Formula 1
- NewsIndia Baja 2018: TVS Racing announces six-rider line-up
- News2018 Msports X30 Karting Championship: Shahan Ali Mohsin overcomes early upsets to win in Junior category
- NewsBMW M2 Competition set to debut in India soon
- News2019 Honda HR-V crossover facelift unveiled, to be powered by 1.5-litre i-VTEC
- NewsLiberty Walk transforms the Suzuki Jimmy into a mini G-Class
- NewsBMW X7 flagship SUV shows its off roading capabilty in new teaser