2016 Auto Expo: Honda BR-V showcased (Images)
Based on the Honda Mobilio platform, the BR-V gets an 'active solid motion' design language. The front of the SUV looks similar to that of the flagship CR-V with sleek projector headlights and a chunky chrome grille. The silhouette is clearly inspired by the Mobilio. It get silver roof rails, flared wheel arches with rugged cladding but still doesn't look very different from the compact MPV. The BR-V has a ground clearance of 201mm and runs on 196/60 R16 tyres.
The trims and layout inside the BR-V display the same arrangement as seen in the Honda City and the Jazz. The highlight of the crossover is the seven-seat layout, which at present is offered by none of its rivals. We expect the Honda BR-V to come with the 1.5-litre Earth Dreams diesel engine, but in a different state of tune that should make more power than it does now in the City. The petrol motor will be offered with a CVT box. We expect Honda to price the BR-V between Rs 8 lakh and Rs 13 lakh.
Starts Rs 9.45 Lakhs
Starts Rs 8.77 Lakhs
Starts Rs 9.5 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.99 Lakhs
Team OD | 14 Feb 2019
- News2019 Honda CBR650R will be sold through Honda's 22 Wing World dealerships in India
- NewsHonda CBR650R bookings open in India, to be priced under Rs 8 lakh
- News2020 Range Rover Evoque spied in India
- News2019 Geneva Motor Show: 2020 Ssangyong Korando SUV revealed
- NewsMG Motor to launch eZS electric SUV in India by end-2019
- The Forum Art Gallery Residency
- The Hindu Photojournalism Awards
- Book Review: The Red Cat and Other Stories | Ritesh Uttamchandani