2016 Auto Expo: Honda to showcase BR-V, new Accord and Jazz racing prototype
Honda Cars India Limited (HCIL) will be showcasing the BR-V, new Accord hybrid and a racing prototype based on the Jazz hatchback at the 2016 Auto Expo, to be held next month. The Honda booth will have a "accelerate with Honda' theme. The other products that will be shown are the Honda Project 2&4 and the McLaren Honda MP4-30 racing car.
The Honda BR-V marks the company's debut in the compact SUV space, which has lately gained immense popularity. Honda is expected to launch the BR-V in India between May-June 2016 to rival the likes of Renault Duster and Hyundai Creta. We have already driven it and you can read everything about it in our Honda BR-V preview.
Honda's luxury sedan - the Accord, discontinued in 2013, is all set to re-enter India in a completely new version. The new Honda Accord will be showcased as the launch is expected to happen by the end of 2016. The Honda Accord Hybrid facelift which was launched in the U.S., gets a new front profile with sleeker headlights paired with LED daytime running lights. It is powered by a 1,993cc four-cylinder engine that makes 141PS of power at 6,200rpm and 122Nm of torque between 3,500 to 6,000 rpm. With the hybrid motor in tandem, the powertrain makes a total power output of 196PS. The new Honda Accord will be pitted against the Toyota Camry Hybrid and will be priced well above Rs 25 lakh in India.
A racing prototype based on the Honda Jazz too will be displayed at the Honda stall. We believe that the Jazz racing prototype will have a sporty RS body kit. In addition, the Honda Project 2&4 powered by RC213V will be other performance cars on display. Even the Honda ASIMO (Advanced Step in Innovative Mobility), the world's most advanced humanoid robot, will be on display.
Starts Rs 5.89 Lakhs
Starts Rs 9.06 Lakhs
Starts Rs 43.21 Lakhs
Starts Rs 9.29 Lakhs
Starts Rs 8.29 Lakhs
Starts Rs 29.75 Lakhs
- NewsFord Freestyle priced lower than the Figo hatch and the Aspire sedan, here's why
- NewsVolvo wants half its sales to come from electric vehicles by 2025
- NewsVW Motorsport India takes its Customer Sport programme to all three INRC categories
- News2018 Mini Countryman to launch in India on May 3
- News2018 Honda Amaze: Everything you need to know
- NewsFord Freestyle launched in India at Rs 5.09 lakh
- NewsTVS Sport Silver Alloy edition launched in India at Rs 38,961
- NewsSpec comparison: Suzuki GSX-S750 vs Kawasaki Z900 vs Triumph Street Triple RS and S
- NewsLive updates: 2018 Ford Freestyle India launch
- NewsBMW iX3 concept all-electric crossover debuts at Auto China 2018