2016 Auto Expo: Honda to showcase BR-V, new Accord and Jazz racing prototype
Honda Cars India Limited (HCIL) will be showcasing the BR-V, new Accord hybrid and a racing prototype based on the Jazz hatchback at the 2016 Auto Expo, to be held next month. The Honda booth will have a "accelerate with Honda' theme. The other products that will be shown are the Honda Project 2&4 and the McLaren Honda MP4-30 racing car.
The Honda BR-V marks the company's debut in the compact SUV space, which has lately gained immense popularity. Honda is expected to launch the BR-V in India between May-June 2016 to rival the likes of Renault Duster and Hyundai Creta. We have already driven it and you can read everything about it in our Honda BR-V preview.
Honda's luxury sedan - the Accord, discontinued in 2013, is all set to re-enter India in a completely new version. The new Honda Accord will be showcased as the launch is expected to happen by the end of 2016. The Honda Accord Hybrid facelift which was launched in the U.S., gets a new front profile with sleeker headlights paired with LED daytime running lights. It is powered by a 1,993cc four-cylinder engine that makes 141PS of power at 6,200rpm and 122Nm of torque between 3,500 to 6,000 rpm. With the hybrid motor in tandem, the powertrain makes a total power output of 196PS. The new Honda Accord will be pitted against the Toyota Camry Hybrid and will be priced well above Rs 25 lakh in India.
A racing prototype based on the Honda Jazz too will be displayed at the Honda stall. We believe that the Jazz racing prototype will have a sporty RS body kit. In addition, the Honda Project 2&4 powered by RC213V will be other performance cars on display. Even the Honda ASIMO (Advanced Step in Innovative Mobility), the world's most advanced humanoid robot, will be on display.
Starts Rs 7.35 Lakhs
Starts Rs 9.45 Lakhs
Starts Rs 43.21 Lakhs
Starts Rs 9.44 Lakhs
Starts Rs 8.29 Lakhs
Starts Rs 29.75 Lakhs
- NewsMaserati Ghibli Ribelle is an all-black limited edition offering for the EMEA markets
- News2018 Royal Enfield Continental GT 650 twin and Interceptor 650 twin prices out!
- NewsIsuzu D-Max V-Cross facelift spotted testing in India
- NewsTriumph India to launch six new motorcycles by June 2019
- NewsSkoda Kodiaq RS interiors revealed ahead of Paris Motor Show debut
- NewsLive Updates: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650 global launch
- NewsTriumph India to launch Scrambler 1200 in January 2019, 5 other launches by June
- News2018 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650: The four things you wanted to know
- NewsBetter recognition needed in order for Indian motorsport to grow says Gautam Singhania
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 Aston Martin Vantage launched in India