2016 Auto Expo: Hyundai HND-14 Carlino concept
One of the most important concepts at the 2016 Auto Expo has to be the HND-14 Carlino from Hyundai. It previews a new compact SUV that Hyundai intends to build for India. The design theme is portrays is that of a sharper looking SUV than Hyundai's current line up and retains all the key design elements of a Hyundai, like the hexagonal grille for example. The Carlino looks butch with its angular wheel wells, trapezoidal character lines over the wheel arches and the boxy airdams. The shape of the taillights could remind you of the Grand i10 or the Xcent, in a way, hinting towards the design direction that the SUV will follow.
No word yet on what platform will underpin this compact SUV - Grand i10 or the Elite i20. In all likelihood, it will be the latter. Our guess is as good as yours on when this car will see a production shape, but late 2017 to mid 2018 is our bet.
- NewsWorld Ducati Week: Bayliss, Lorenzo, Dovizioso to battle it out in Race of Champions
- News2018 BMW 6 Series GT diesel launched in India at Rs 66.50 lakh
- News2018 Mahindra TUV300 Plus variants explained
- Features2018 TVS Apache RTR 160 4V longterm review: Introduction
- News2019 Hyundai Elantra facelift spotted testing again in South Korea
- ReviewMercedes-AMG C 43 4Matic Cabriolet first drive review
- ReviewMercedes-Benz 2018 C 200 first drive review
- NewsVolvo S60 sedan unveiled internationally, to rival Mercedes C-Class
- NewsGaurav Gill's 2017 Team MRF Skoda Fabia R5 immortalized in scale model form
- NewsKTM RC200 now available with a black colour option