2016 Auto Expo: Hyundai HND-14 Carlino concept
One of the most important concepts at the 2016 Auto Expo has to be the HND-14 Carlino from Hyundai. It previews a new compact SUV that Hyundai intends to build for India. The design theme is portrays is that of a sharper looking SUV than Hyundai's current line up and retains all the key design elements of a Hyundai, like the hexagonal grille for example. The Carlino looks butch with its angular wheel wells, trapezoidal character lines over the wheel arches and the boxy airdams. The shape of the taillights could remind you of the Grand i10 or the Xcent, in a way, hinting towards the design direction that the SUV will follow.
No word yet on what platform will underpin this compact SUV - Grand i10 or the Elite i20. In all likelihood, it will be the latter. Our guess is as good as yours on when this car will see a production shape, but late 2017 to mid 2018 is our bet.
Team OD | 14 Nov 2019
Team OD | 13 Nov 2019
- NewsBSVI Jawa Perak Image gallery - a closer look at the most affordable bobber in the country
- NewsBSVI Jawa Perak Bobber launched in India for Rs 1.94 lakh
- NewsJawa Perak Bobber India launch Live Updates: Price, Details, Specifications, Engine and Features
- NewsAll-electric Bajaj Chetak: Everything that you should know
- NewsAll-new Triumph Tiger 900 Rally and GT to be unveiled on December 3