2016 Auto Expo: Hyundai unveils the Tucson
At the Hyundai pavilion at the Auto Expo 2016, most eyes were focussed mainly on the new mid-size SUV that they unveiled. The name isn't new as the Tucson was previously on sale in India with the Terracan.
The new SUV looks a lot larger than the Tucson we are familiar with. It features Hyundai's Fluidic design language with a front end that is dominated by that large hexagonal grille. It is a very aerodynamically efficient design and with an overall length of almost 4.5m and width of almost 1.9m, it is not a small vehicle.
Internationally, while there are a number of engine options, the version that comes to India will most likely use the 2.0-litre diesel engine that makes 178PS and comes mated to the new 8-speed automatic gearbox that was also on display at the Expo.
With the spec and size that it comes with, we feel that the main target that the Tucson will have in its crosshairs is the Mahindra XUV500 AT.
So far there are no fixed dates for a launch but expect the Tucson to arrive in India between August and October, 2016 and be priced around Rs 15-20 lakh.
Starts Rs 18 Lakhs
Starts Rs 12.25 Lakhs
Team OD | 19 Feb 2018
- NewsKia installs framework of its new manufacturing plant in Andhra Pradesh
- NewsMotoGP: Tech3 and Yamaha to part ways after 2018 season
- Review2018 Yamaha MT-09 first ride review
- NewsSkoda India to hike prices of all models
- NewsDucati launches extended warranty program in India
- News2018 F1: All the Formula 1 cars for the upcoming season launched so far
- NewsF2 2018: Arjun Maini signs with Trident for FIA Formula 2 Championship
- Review2018 TVS Apache RR 310 road test review
- Features2016 Yamaha YZF-R3 long term review: After 12,572km and two years
- NewsPorsche discontinues diesel, to focus on EVs and hybrids