2016 Auto Expo: Hyundai unveils the Tucson
At the Hyundai pavilion at the Auto Expo 2016, most eyes were focussed mainly on the new mid-size SUV that they unveiled. The name isn't new as the Tucson was previously on sale in India with the Terracan.
The new SUV looks a lot larger than the Tucson we are familiar with. It features Hyundai's Fluidic design language with a front end that is dominated by that large hexagonal grille. It is a very aerodynamically efficient design and with an overall length of almost 4.5m and width of almost 1.9m, it is not a small vehicle.
Internationally, while there are a number of engine options, the version that comes to India will most likely use the 2.0-litre diesel engine that makes 178PS and comes mated to the new 8-speed automatic gearbox that was also on display at the Expo.
With the spec and size that it comes with, we feel that the main target that the Tucson will have in its crosshairs is the Mahindra XUV500 AT.
So far there are no fixed dates for a launch but expect the Tucson to arrive in India between August and October, 2016 and be priced around Rs 15-20 lakh.
Starts Rs 18 Lakhs
Starts Rs 12.72 Lakhs
Team OD | 14 Feb 2019
- News2019 Honda CBR650R will be sold through Honda's 22 Wing World dealerships in India
- NewsHonda CBR650R bookings open in India, to be priced under Rs 8 lakh
- News2020 Range Rover Evoque spied in India
- News2019 Geneva Motor Show: 2020 Ssangyong Korando SUV revealed
- NewsMG Motor to launch eZS electric SUV in India by end-2019
- The Forum Art Gallery Residency
- The Hindu Photojournalism Awards
- Book Review: The Red Cat and Other Stories | Ritesh Uttamchandani