2016 Auto Expo: Hyundai unveils the Tucson
At the Hyundai pavilion at the Auto Expo 2016, most eyes were focussed mainly on the new mid-size SUV that they unveiled. The name isn't new as the Tucson was previously on sale in India with the Terracan.
The new SUV looks a lot larger than the Tucson we are familiar with. It features Hyundai's Fluidic design language with a front end that is dominated by that large hexagonal grille. It is a very aerodynamically efficient design and with an overall length of almost 4.5m and width of almost 1.9m, it is not a small vehicle.
Internationally, while there are a number of engine options, the version that comes to India will most likely use the 2.0-litre diesel engine that makes 178PS and comes mated to the new 8-speed automatic gearbox that was also on display at the Expo.
With the spec and size that it comes with, we feel that the main target that the Tucson will have in its crosshairs is the Mahindra XUV500 AT.
So far there are no fixed dates for a launch but expect the Tucson to arrive in India between August and October, 2016 and be priced around Rs 15-20 lakh.
Starts Rs 18 Lakhs
Starts Rs 12.39 Lakhs
- NewsF1: 2018 will be Fernando Alonso's last season in Formula 1
- NewsIndia Baja 2018: TVS Racing announces six-rider line-up
- News2018 Msports X30 Karting Championship: Shahan Ali Mohsin overcomes early upsets to win in Junior category
- NewsBMW M2 Competition set to debut in India soon
- News2019 Honda HR-V crossover facelift unveiled, to be powered by 1.5-litre i-VTEC
- NewsLiberty Walk transforms the Suzuki Jimmy into a mini G-Class
- NewsBMW X7 flagship SUV shows its off roading capabilty in new teaser
- News2019 Kawasaki Ninja H2 gets more power, Brembo Stylema calipers and a self healing paint
- NewsBajaj Pulsar NS160 with rear disc brakes spotted at dealership
- NewsToyota Rush SUV to launch in Pakistan soon, India launch next?