2016 Auto Expo: Hyundai unveils the Tucson
At the Hyundai pavilion at the Auto Expo 2016, most eyes were focussed mainly on the new mid-size SUV that they unveiled. The name isn't new as the Tucson was previously on sale in India with the Terracan.
The new SUV looks a lot larger than the Tucson we are familiar with. It features Hyundai's Fluidic design language with a front end that is dominated by that large hexagonal grille. It is a very aerodynamically efficient design and with an overall length of almost 4.5m and width of almost 1.9m, it is not a small vehicle.
Internationally, while there are a number of engine options, the version that comes to India will most likely use the 2.0-litre diesel engine that makes 178PS and comes mated to the new 8-speed automatic gearbox that was also on display at the Expo.
With the spec and size that it comes with, we feel that the main target that the Tucson will have in its crosshairs is the Mahindra XUV500 AT.
So far there are no fixed dates for a launch but expect the Tucson to arrive in India between August and October, 2016 and be priced around Rs 15-20 lakh.
Starts Rs 22.3 Lakhs
Starts Rs 12.23 Lakhs
- NewsConfirmed: 2020 Triumph Street Triple R to be launched in India on August 11
- News2020 Toyota Urban Cruiser compact SUV teased ahead of festive season debut
- NewsJuly 2020 sales: Honda 2Wheeler sold 3.09 lakh two-wheelers in India
- NewsBMW 320d Sport relaunched in India, priced at Rs 42.10 lakh
- NewsSkoda Auto appoints Thomas Schafer as new chairman