2016 Auto Expo: Isuzu unveils the new D-Max V-Cross in India
Isuzu India has unveiled the new D-Max V-Cross pick-up at the 2016 Auto Expo. Billed as an Adventure Utility Vehicle, it is essentially a D-Max that can be registered as a personal vehicle. The Isuzu D-Max V-Cross 4x4 is likely to be priced at Rs 15 lakh (ex-Chennai).
The pick-up comes with a new 2.5-litre, 136PS engine that develops 320Nm@ 1800-2800rpm. It gets a shift on the fly 4WD system. Isuzu says that the chassis frame is designed using its iGRIP (Isuzu Gravity Response Intelligent Programme) which keeps body roll in check when driving around tight bends.
Design wise, it looks like the standard D-Max but the distinguishing bits include a beefed up exterior, higher ground clearance, 16-inch alloy wheels, roof rails, chrome finished front grille, ORVM and door handle . The front end is sleeker than the previous D-Max series.
The interior features steering mounted audio controls, 7-inch touch screen infotainment system and other creature comforts.
Isuzu also says that the open deck presents greater load carrying capacity than an SUV. The company says that the prices that are announced at Auto Expo 2016 are subject to change and will be finalised when bookings are announced.
The new D-Max V-Cross will be produced at the Isuzu's new factory at Sri City in Andhra Pradesh. The company is also in the process of ramping up its production. The Isuzu D-Max also comes in a 4x2 trim but this is strictly for commercial purposes only. It looses out on a few features, like the touchscreen infotainment system and alloy wheels. Expect this version to bear a price tag, between 8.5 lakh to 9.5 lakh (ex-Chennai).
Isuzu India marketing and communications head, Shankar Srinivas exclusively told OVERDRIVE that the company is very much capable of handling situations like the diesel ban in Delhi. He said that Isuzu has a wide array of engines in the world and will use the Indian and Japanese R&D to effectively handle such issues.
Starts Rs 14.32 Lakhs
- NewsF1: 2018 will be Fernando Alonso's last season in Formula 1
- NewsIndia Baja 2018: TVS Racing announces six-rider line-up
- News2018 Msports X30 Karting Championship: Shahan Ali Mohsin overcomes early upsets to win in Junior category
- NewsBMW M2 Competition set to debut in India soon
- News2019 Honda HR-V crossover facelift unveiled, to be powered by 1.5-litre i-VTEC
- NewsLiberty Walk transforms the Suzuki Jimmy into a mini G-Class
- NewsBMW X7 flagship SUV shows its off roading capabilty in new teaser
- News2019 Kawasaki Ninja H2 gets more power, Brembo Stylema calipers and a self healing paint
- NewsBajaj Pulsar NS160 with rear disc brakes spotted at dealership
- NewsToyota Rush SUV to launch in Pakistan soon, India launch next?