2016 Auto Expo: Jaguar XE launched in India at Rs 39.90 lakh
Jaguar has just launched the all new XE at the Auto Expo 2016. The new sports saloon in built on a aluminium intensive monocoque with styling cues that have been inspired by the F-Type. Inside, there is a 20.32cm touchscreen infotainment unit, premium leather upholstery and large sports car like dials similar to the F-Type. The XE also features some advanced tech in it. It gets torque vectoring to arrest understeer, All Surface Progress Control (helps to get traction on low traction surfaces), stability control, and all other regular premium electronics.
There will be a choice of two engines on offer. The first one will be a 200PS, turbocharged, petrol motor and the other will be a 241PS turbo-petrol. Both engines will be mated to the 8-speed gearbox from ZF. Jaguar claims that the 241PS motor can take the XE to 100kmph in 6.8 seconds.
The Jaguar XE will be available in seven colours and will start at a price of Rs 39.90 lakh (ex-Delhi) for the Pure and go up to Rs 46.50 lakh (ex-Delhi) for the Portfolio.
Also on display at the Jaguar pavilion was the Range Rover Autobiography SV and the F-Pace.
For more news on the 2016 Auto Expo, click here.
- NewsBREAKING: BMW R 18 Cruiser arrives in India, launch by the end of September 2020
- NewsJuly 2020 automotive retail sales still 36 per cent less YoY
- ReviewExclusive comparison test: 2020 Skoda Karoq vs VW T-Roc
- NewsMaserati Ghibli and Quattroporte Trofeo pack 580PS V8 under the hood
- NewsKawasaki Versys 650 BSVI launched in India at Rs. 6.79 lakh