2016 Auto Expo: Jaguar XE launched in India at Rs 39.90 lakh
Jaguar has just launched the all new XE at the Auto Expo 2016. The new sports saloon in built on a aluminium intensive monocoque with styling cues that have been inspired by the F-Type. Inside, there is a 20.32cm touchscreen infotainment unit, premium leather upholstery and large sports car like dials similar to the F-Type. The XE also features some advanced tech in it. It gets torque vectoring to arrest understeer, All Surface Progress Control (helps to get traction on low traction surfaces), stability control, and all other regular premium electronics.
There will be a choice of two engines on offer. The first one will be a 200PS, turbocharged, petrol motor and the other will be a 241PS turbo-petrol. Both engines will be mated to the 8-speed gearbox from ZF. Jaguar claims that the 241PS motor can take the XE to 100kmph in 6.8 seconds.
The Jaguar XE will be available in seven colours and will start at a price of Rs 39.90 lakh (ex-Delhi) for the Pure and go up to Rs 46.50 lakh (ex-Delhi) for the Portfolio.
Also on display at the Jaguar pavilion was the Range Rover Autobiography SV and the F-Pace.
For more news on the 2016 Auto Expo, click here.
Team OD | 19 Feb 2018
- NewsF2 2018: Arjun Maini signs with Trident for FIA Formula 2 Championship
- Review2018 TVS Apache RR 310 road test review
- Features2016 Yamaha YZF-R3 long term review: After 12,572km and two years
- NewsPorsche discontinues diesel, to focus on EVs and hybrids
- News721PS/770Nm Ferrari 488 Pista comes with the most powerful V8 built by the company
- NewsTriumph Bonneville Speedmaster to launch in India on February 27, 2018
- NewsAuto Expo 2018: Mahindra KUV100 Adventure Edition image gallery
- NewsGeneva Motor Show: Tata 45X based sedan teased
- NewsAuto Expo 2018: Hyundai Elite i20 facelift image gallery
- NewsImage gallery: Yamaha Motoroid concept