2016 Auto Expo: Jeep showcases Wrangler Unlimited and Grand Cherokee SRT
Jeep made a formal announcement today at the 2016 Auto Expo that it will begin sales of the Grand Cherokee, Grand Cherokee SRT, Wrangler Unlimited in India by mid-2016. The brand makes its entry into India as part of its plan to expand reach in other international markets. Jeep claims that it has already clocked a sales figure of 1.2 million units worldwide.
Jeep will offer the Jeep Grand Cherokee in two trims, Summit and Limited. Both the variants will sport bixenon headlights, daytime running lights and an aerodynamic rear spoiler. The Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT, however, will be the souped-up version with dark inserts and a more aggressive stance. In terms of dimensions, the SRT is longer and wider than the regular Grand Cherokee.
The SRT gets a mammoth 6.4-litre motor that makes 470PS of power. This engine is teamed with an 8-speed automatic unit. The regular Grand Cherokee will be sold with a 3.0-litre CRD motor making 240PS/570Nm mated to a 5-speed automatic, while the 3.0-litre V6 Pentastar petrol, will be added to the line-up subsequently. The Jeep Wrangler, meanwhile, comes with a 2.8-litre turbo diesel motor mated to a 5-speed automatic. Both the Jeep Grand Cherokee and the Wrangler come with ESP, ABS and Electronic Roll Mitigation (ERM).
Jeep announced at the Auto Expo 2016 that the company has invested $280 million in its Ranjangaon plant and that it would launch an all-new vehicle in 2017, that will be produced in India.
More details will surface during its mid-2016 launch.
For more stories from the Auto Expo 2016, click here
Starts Rs 75.15 Lakhs
Starts Rs 63.94 Lakhs
- FeaturesBuying a used big bike in india: 10 things that you should look for
- NewsFive car features that actually work
- FeaturesAll you need to know about motor insurance
- NewsCoronavirus impact: Toyota announces customer connect program
- NewsCoronavirus impact: Ford to manufacture 50,000 ventilators in 100 days
- Digitek Launches its Battery for Sony, the F-960/F-970 MU
- Digitek Introduces the DUC-008 Battery Charger
- Digitek Unveils its latest Softbox, the DSBH-055