2016 Auto Expo: JLR to launch XE and showcase F-Pace SUV and Evoque convertible
Jaguar had previously announced that the all-new XE compact luxury sedan will be launched in India at the 2016 Auto Expo. Jaguar dealers have already started accepting bookings for an amount of Rs 5 lakh and the car will hit showrooms by February 3, 2016.
Assembled in India at Jaguar's Pune plant, the XE will rival the Audi A4, BMW 3 Series, Volvo S60 and the Mercedes-Benz C-Class. In India, the XE will be offered with one petrol engine in two states of tune - 200PS and 240.63PS. The engine will come mated to an 8-speed automatic transmission.
Based on the C-X17 concept car, the Jaguar F-Pace is the first ever SUV from Jaguar's stables. In international markets, the F-Pace is offered with a range of engines including a 2.0-litre, four-cylinder turbocharged diesel that makes 18oPS. There's a bigger 3.0-litre, V6 diesel unit which makes 300PS. There's also the 3.0-litre, supercharged V6 petrol engine from the F-Type that comes in two states of tune - 340PS and 380PS.
The 2.0-litre diesel is available with a 6-speed manual transmission that delivers power to the rear wheels. It is also offered with an 8-speed automatic gearbox and all-wheel drive. The V6 petrol and diesel engines get mated to an 8-speed automatic gearbox which sends power to all wheels.
The Range Rover Evoque convertible is the first of its kind from the Range Rover family. It is claimed to be the most capable all-terrain convertible in the world. Its electric fabric roof can be raised in 21 seconds at speeds up to 48kmph. The carmaker says the roof has been positioned in a way so that the boot space doesn't get compromised and stands at 251 litres. It will available with a range of four-cylinder petrol and diesel engines.
On the crucial safety front, the Evoque convertible gets deployable roll-over bars which are hidden in the rear bodywork. In the event of a roll-over, two aluminium bars get deployed within 90 milliseconds to ensure occupant safety. The new Range Rover Evoque Convertible will be manufactured at Land Rover's plant in Halewood, UK. It will be on sale in 170 countries by March or April this year.
Starts Rs 38.4 Lakhs
Starts Rs 38.9 Lakhs
Starts Rs 70.67 Lakhs
Starts Rs 35.85 Lakhs
Starts Rs 39.82 Lakhs
Starts Rs 31.64 Lakhs
- NewsTata H5X SUV and 45X hatchback launch timelines revealed
- NewsMercedes-AMG G63 6x6 inspires the BAIC BJ80 6x6 in China, showcased at Auto China 2018
- NewsFord to stop selling Fiesta, Fusion, and Taurus sedans in North America
- NewsMahindra-owned Pininfarina and Hybrid Kinetic Group unveil K350 all-electric SUV concept at Auto China 2018
- NewsAuto China 2018: Mercedes-Benz C-Class L shown
- FeaturesImage gallery: Shaken and Stirred May 2018
- NewsFord Freestyle priced lower than the Figo hatch and the Aspire sedan, here's why
- NewsVolvo wants half its sales to come from electric vehicles by 2025
- NewsVW Motorsport India takes its Customer Sport programme to all three INRC categories
- News2018 Mini Countryman to launch in India on May 3