2016 Auto Expo: JLR to launch XE and showcase F-Pace SUV and Evoque convertible
Jaguar had previously announced that the all-new XE compact luxury sedan will be launched in India at the 2016 Auto Expo. Jaguar dealers have already started accepting bookings for an amount of Rs 5 lakh and the car will hit showrooms by February 3, 2016.
Assembled in India at Jaguar's Pune plant, the XE will rival the Audi A4, BMW 3 Series, Volvo S60 and the Mercedes-Benz C-Class. In India, the XE will be offered with one petrol engine in two states of tune - 200PS and 240.63PS. The engine will come mated to an 8-speed automatic transmission.
Based on the C-X17 concept car, the Jaguar F-Pace is the first ever SUV from Jaguar's stables. In international markets, the F-Pace is offered with a range of engines including a 2.0-litre, four-cylinder turbocharged diesel that makes 18oPS. There's a bigger 3.0-litre, V6 diesel unit which makes 300PS. There's also the 3.0-litre, supercharged V6 petrol engine from the F-Type that comes in two states of tune - 340PS and 380PS.
The 2.0-litre diesel is available with a 6-speed manual transmission that delivers power to the rear wheels. It is also offered with an 8-speed automatic gearbox and all-wheel drive. The V6 petrol and diesel engines get mated to an 8-speed automatic gearbox which sends power to all wheels.
The Range Rover Evoque convertible is the first of its kind from the Range Rover family. It is claimed to be the most capable all-terrain convertible in the world. Its electric fabric roof can be raised in 21 seconds at speeds up to 48kmph. The carmaker says the roof has been positioned in a way so that the boot space doesn't get compromised and stands at 251 litres. It will available with a range of four-cylinder petrol and diesel engines.
On the crucial safety front, the Evoque convertible gets deployable roll-over bars which are hidden in the rear bodywork. In the event of a roll-over, two aluminium bars get deployed within 90 milliseconds to ensure occupant safety. The new Range Rover Evoque Convertible will be manufactured at Land Rover's plant in Halewood, UK. It will be on sale in 170 countries by March or April this year.
Starts Rs 38.4 Lakhs
Starts Rs 39.8 Lakhs
Starts Rs 70.67 Lakhs
Starts Rs 35.85 Lakhs
Starts Rs 40 Lakhs
Starts Rs 31.64 Lakhs
- News2018 Aston Martin Vantage to be launched in India today
- NewsRetro-themed Peugeot e-Legend concept EV breaks cover
- OpinionOn the joys and hardships of motorsport writing...
- Review2018 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 first ride review
- News2018 Ford Aspire facelift bookings open in India ahead of launch
- NewsMotoGP 2018: Marc Marquez claims Aragon GP victory
- NewsTVS StaR City+ launched in new grey-black paint option at Rs 52,907
- NewsSkoda appoints Pavel Richter as production technical director of its India 2.0 project
- NewsImage gallery: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650 riding gear and apparel
- NewsImage gallery: Royal Enfield Continental GT 650 and Interceptor 650 accessories